March 2012 Moms
Options

To lose the last 10 pounds or not to lose it?

So I gained a good ol 45 pounds when I was pregnant and a lot at the end due to 5 weeks of strict bedrest and being super depressed and bored. Wouk you bother losing the last 10 pounds and working out hardcore if your hoping to get pregnant if I'm lucky in dec/January?

I'm not sure if I want to go crazy getting up at 5 am to workout before work just to gain it all back. I do have a horribly ugly bridesmaid dress I new to fit on by November but not sure if it's worth killing myself over. Thoughts???

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

Re: To lose the last 10 pounds or not to lose it?

• Options
    If you are happy with the way you look then I say whatever you choose. But if you aren't then I would loose it. I'd want to feel god about myself in the ugly dress and for the next few months before trying again and feeling like a whale again (maybe that was just me feeling like a whale.lol)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lose it now. It's not like you'll just add 35 the second time around. You could add the same 45 or more. And it's harder to budge this time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageExcited30:
    I'd lose it as from everyone that I personally know I've heard that it just gets harder and harder to lose the weight after each consecutive child. nbsp;And there's nonbsp;guaranteenbsp;that you will get pregnant in the month/s that you want either. nbsp;

Oh I know trust me I did fertility treatments first time around. Guess I better he my butt going : time to join a gym. I am disgusted with the stomach pouch I got going on. Here's to jumping on the bandwagon of working out. Thank ladies!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    imagemrscjmb9410:
    i also vote lose it now. Wouldn't you like to be just as healthy or more healthy the 2nd time as you were for the 1st barring complications during the pregnancy?I would want to feel really good about myself, the strength of my body, giving a new LO the best start possible...plus I would count the working out as personal time and if I could get help with DS for 57hours per week, that would be amazing i currently SAH and DH does little to help with DS atm...another story entirely.nbsp;Also, I hear the weight is slower to come off after subsequent pregnancies. Like KM said...nbsp;

True and dh Does drop off my son in the morning since I have an hour commute so am workout is my only option. Well hopefully this is my motivation to do so! I hope your husbands gets into gear soon and starts helping you! I know being home all day has to be exhausting

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"