Single Parents
Options

temp support hearing

What happens at a temp support hearing? I have one next week, does the judge normally grant cs based on the guidelines?  Can they enforce back pay at that time? I am so nervous, it will be nice to finally get some financial help

Re: temp support hearing

• Options
    We did a temp hearing that set up child support and visitation, before our final divorce hearing a year later. 

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options
    At mine the first thing the judge asked was if we were ever married, since that was a no we were asked if a paternity has been established. Then we were asked what our annual salary is.  The judge entered the numbers into the computer. Then asked about health insurance and child costs. Then clicked the button for some more math and then a number was announced.  After that we were asked to turned in our W2's, tax returns, and pay stub. I was asked if I wanted it through the system ( deduced form the pay check automatically) or him pay me directly (he is is charge of keeping track of the payments). It lasted all of about 10 minutes. In my state support and custody are separate and support is retroactive from the date I filed.  Since i was a temp order we were given a date to return. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tomorrow we have a status update hearing.  Today a lawyer contacted my atty saying that he wanted to speak to my atty before filing a notice of appearance, we go for the temp hearing next wed.  I am so nervous, he has been stalling, we were never married, paternity has been established through signing the birth certificate and a paternity test.  The numbers show he should pay 1500 a month and we are asking from date of birth, it was in the paperwork.  Our lo is 6 1/2 months. I know it will all work out but I am still stressed
  • Options
    Every state is different. At ours, the child support and visitation were set up temporarily until a perm agreement was reached. He had to provide tax returns and pay stubs. The amount in Texas is a flat 20 percent for one child, or 17.5 percent if they have children in the home to support.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"