Georgia Babies
Options

converting to toddler bed?

So, jax was in the toddler bed by 18 months and a full bed at 2 years.  he's done great...no problems to complain about really.  he's always done well with transitions.

Cooper is still in the crib and doesn't seem interested in climbing out.  He tends to talk when he's ready to get up...i think he knows we can hear him and he says things he knows will get our attention.  (i'm stuck, i want a yogurt one, etc)  

Here's my issue.  although he really doesn't seem like he will climb out, I occasionally see him pulling up when I come in.  and if he continued on that path, he'd fall onto his head in a break his neck fashion and it scares me.   

So... i really don't want to take any chances.  If you had a similar experience, can you please give me advice/tell me how it went?

tia :) 

Re: converting to toddler bed?

• Options
    Mia didn't really climb out of her crib until one massive tantrum (didn't want to nap) and she catapulted out of her bed.  FWIW, I would just go ahead and convert to avoid any chances of him hurting himself. Of course that opens up another can of worms, but you'll have to do it eventually anyway.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Isaac gets himself into so much trouble when I am awake I am terrified to let him have freedom while I am sleeping.  He might be sleeping in that crib til he goes to college.  In conclusion....I am no help.  P was just like jax except we went straight to the big girl bed with little to no problem.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought Owen would be in his crib way longer than he ended up being. He was happy and not bothered at all with being in there, then all of a sudden he figured out how to climb. It was such a fast change, we were totally unprepared. He was only 22 months. We let it go for a couple of weeks hoping we could discourage it enough to get him to stop or switch things in his room since he was climbing over onto his rocking chair. Nope, then he just fell out. That was it and we were onto the toddler bed ASAP. He actually slept better in the toddler bed. Who would have guessed? And we kept a baby gate on his door for a long time to make sure he didn't wander at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Everett is still in her crib (it's actually even a mini-crib) and she is always standing and leaning over the top but has never tried to climb out.  However, she will climb out of a PNP.  So my secret weapon is that she is always in a sleep sack, which means she can't split her legs and swing one up over the rail.  That has actually kept her from climbing out of PNPs as well, and I know she can do that.

We of course have her mattress lowered to the very bottom and she is pretty tall (90th%) but the top rail is still high enough on her chest that she really couldn't climb out if she couldn't swing a leg over. 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    Do they share a room? That'd be the only reason I would not go ahead and transition. Parker is 17 months and can climb in and out of Derek's twin bed but because they share a bed, we're hoping to hold off moving him to a bigger bed until we move next year. You could always try it and see how he does. He might surprise you and do great.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"