April 2012 Moms

Fun quick story to share

My mom works with a lady who just had her baby today. She even asked my mom if she could borrow DS's clothes and then give them back to me since she was having a boy too. I've never met her and I found that pretty tacky, but anyway. She had her baby today and it was a girl! My mom said she even saw the sonogram and it looked like a penis but apparently it wasn't at all. My mom said she had just two sonograms but I think that is just crazy. I would feel bad that I didn't have a named picked out at all and only boy clothes for the little girl. I'm sure she was a welcomed surprise though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Fun quick story to share

• Stories like this are what drove me to the brink of insanity when I was pregnant! Thankfully, I birthed a girl when I thought I was having a girl. Phew.

That clothes thing is tacky. I'd never let a random person borrow my baby clothes unless I was done having kids and had no other friends or family to give them to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It scared me too, I made them check all the time to make sure a penis was still there. I would be happy with a girl, but I wanted to know one way or another. Yeah, my mom just told her that we are done having kids yet and she just responded that was why she would borrow them.... I live in a different state to so it isn't like it would be that easy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • This happened to a girl I worked with! She had 3 girls already and was so excited to be having a boy. One of my coworkers came in and told us about how shocked she was! It made me all sorts of nervous because I have two boys and was told I was having a girl. Thankfully she was still a girl when I delivered, lol.

The clothes thing is super tacky.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I asked At my growth ultrasound if he was still a boy. Haha
  • imageTrudyCampbell:
    Stories like this are what drove me to the brink of insanity when I was pregnant! Thankfully, I birthed a girl when I thought I was having a girl. Phew.

That was me, too! I had a lot of sonograms towards the end and every time I asked the girl reading it if I was still having a girl. I swear the ladies in the chem class I was taking while I was pregnant loved to tell me stories about this happening just to see me panic lol. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hey, even better excuse for not letting her borrow your clothes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Stories like this always made me nervous when I was pregnant! It will be a cute story when she's older. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dang. Whenever people offered stories like that I'd always say that they could think girl and have it be a boy, cause they just didnt see the wiener, but that if they told you boy you were "safe".

I guess I'm mighty wrong on that one!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageraynes:
    Dang. Whenever people offered stories like that I'd always say that they could think girl and have it be a boy, cause they just didnt see the wiener, but that if they told you boy you were "safe". I guess I'm mighty wrong on that one!
    This was my way of thinking as well.
  • This happens more than you think I have heard of numerous people who had a little surprise at delivery.  One of the many reasons we decided to not find out, surprises are more fun especially when you aren't expecting one way or another.
  • Just like others these stories always made me think. I always asked if it was still a girl even after my a/s. And when I was in labor I even said "we've been told it's a girl." I just never fully was convinced for some reason but no doubt now! 

Lillian April 17, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"