May 2011 Moms

How much would you pay?

A coworker of DH needs someone to pick up his 4 y.o. daughter from day care and watch her until he picks her up. It would be just two days a week about 4 to 4:30 hours total for the week and the day care is just two minutes from my house (literally, just around the corner from my house.) He asked my DH since they know I'm home and live close to them and her daycare. It would not be an inconvenience to me since it's only a couple hours and I don't have to spend much in gas. I don't want to over charge them since I know their situation is not the greatest right now but I don't want to undercharge either...what would be a reasonable weekly rate? TIA!

Re: How much would you pay?

• I paid a SAHM friend $100/month to pick DD up from DC (near her home) twice a week and watch her for anywhere from 30-45 minutes until I got to her house.  I really only paid so much because it wasn't the most convenient situation for her with her two little boys and she was doing me a favour.

If it were me, I'd probably ask $8/hour since you'll have your son with you.  

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I would think $25 a week is a good amount if it really is not much of an inconvenience for you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • $10 p/h

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Like pp said, if it were me, I would be inclined to just ask for $25 a week.  I think it's a good deal for them, should be doable in their financial circumstances, and it's not a big inconvenience to you but it puts a little extra cash in your pocket.
  • I would probably only charge 5 or so an hour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • $25 per week sounds reasonable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestions! I asked for $30 thinking she might say $25 and I would hav been fine with that but she was happy I said $30! They came by today to "check me out" DS was in love with the little girl! So I'm glad he'll have an older toddler to be around since we are hardly ever around other babies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"