November 2012 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday!

Hey, y'all aren't getting out of this that easy...

Submit your nominations NOW!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday!

• I'd like to nominate all the women not scrolling down or looking at the second page for all the "Breast Pump" threads. Another thing, there is a search bar up at the top for the same reason...guh!
    V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd like to nominate all of the people going about their day as normal today without a care in the world or a thought about what today means. It's disrespectful.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess I'll go ahead and nominate myself. I never participate in TT because I never feel like anyone has done anything so bad that it's worthy of the title.

However, I like reading what/who y'all nominate every week. And this week, I encouraged it even more by starting the thread...

...and on top of that I'm sad that there aren't any more responses.

• imageJulieN0704:

I'd like to nominate all of the people going about their day as normal today without a care in the world or a thought about what today means. It's disrespectful.

There are so many tragedies of epic proportions across the globe. Which ones do we shift to "abnormal" for and how is the selection process not elitist?

I think this logic is my nomination.

• imageJulieN0704:

I'd like to nominate all of the people going about their day as normal today without a care in the world or a thought about what today means. It's disrespectful.

I'll second this.  I may not post the obligatory "Today is 9/11" status on FB, but it doesn't mean I don't remember what I felt that day, or the days and weeks of funerals and not knowing what to say that followed.  I talk about it privately, reach out to loved ones that are still mourning, hug my SO a little tighter because he's actually home for once instead of at war.  The people who kill me are the people who steamroll right over today.  Today is not the day to complain about Burger King burning your fries, AW your upcoming vacation, or (in the case of way too many companies I follow) promote your latest sale.  Makes me stabby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrstoussaint:
    imageJulieN0704:

There are so many tragedies of epic proportions across the globe. Which ones do we shift to "abnormal" for and how is the selection process not elitist?

I shouldn't have limited this thought to just today, I suppose. I'm not so ignorant that I think this is the only day people should stop and reflect on a tragic event.

However, from my experience I think it's disgusting the way people now treat Ground Zero as if it's a tourist attraction and nothing more. People died there, show some respect.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageironmom5:
    imageJulieN0704:

I'll second this.  I may not post the obligatory "Today is 9/11" status on FB, but it doesn't mean I don't remember what I felt that day, or the days and weeks of funerals and not knowing what to say that followed.  I talk about it privately, reach out to loved ones that are still mourning, hug my SO a little tighter because he's actually home for once instead of at war.  The people who kill me are the people who steamroll right over today.  Today is not the day to complain about Burger King burning your fries, AW your upcoming vacation, or (in the case of way too many companies I follow) promote your latest sale.  Makes me stabby.

And this was exactly my point.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemrstoussaint:
    imageJulieN0704:

Well, Julie and I are both from the NYC area, and like most people who lived in an area that was specifically targeted by a terrorist organization, had their families and friends specifically attacked.  So it's personal, not elitist, to answer your question.

• imageJulieN0704:

This totally!!! 

• imagerdmitten:
    imageJulieN0704:
    I woke up today, said a prayer and reflected for a moment, and then went on with my day as normal. To me, that IS showing respect to those that died, have sacrificed, and continue to fight for our freedom and our ability to go about our normal days. If that makes me a twatwaffle, so be it.

I'm not saying that everyone should spend the day crying on their couch. I'm talking about the people that don't give a single thought to the magnitude of this day and how it affected our lives.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagerdmitten:
    imageJulieN0704:
    I woke up today, said a prayer and reflected for a moment, and then went on with my day as normal. To me, that IS showing respect to those that died, have sacrificed, and continue to fight for our freedom and our ability to go about our normal days.If that makes me a twatwaffle, so be it.

Um...... 

• I nominate people that lurk only until they want to "set someone straight". I dont get the point of it and cant decide if I find it sad or weird.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageBarooGirl:

I nominate people that lurk only until they want to "set someone straight". I dont get the point of it and cant decide if I find it sad or weird.

Yes

I was just thinking the sammmmme thing.

• imageJulieN0704:

Edit: f*ck you TB. I wasn't finished. Super Angry

Sadly, today is my father's birthday. It's one of days that's torn between remembering 9/11 and celebrating the actual day. Hm.

I would like to nominate my father's boss for kicking his wife and small child out of their house last night. She's from Brazil, has practically no friends in the US (she's kind of crazy, but that's another story), and the only people she had to turn to was us. So she showed up at our house last night with no where to go. Fortunately, my father talked his boss into letting them back in the house, but yeah. That guy gets a nomination. Relationship on the rocks or no, there's no reason you can't just sleep in different rooms until she can make other arrangements.

• I would like to nominate all the depts I work with who don't know how to listen to directions. I emailed them last week saying I was behind and what would really help is if they check their forms before faxing them over so I don't have to track these people down to give me their FULL address or correct DOB (because I know you were not born in 2012). Seriously. Do your job and stop getting impatient for results when your half the reason I'm so behind Stick out tongue

Ok, rant over, back to work...(they are also the reason I can't spend a full 1/2 hour lunch break on the Bump)

• imageSmileyGirl18:
    imageJulieN0704:

imagerdmitten:
    imageJulieN0704:
    I woke up today, said a prayer and reflected for a moment, and then went on with my day as normal. To me, that IS showing respect to those that died, have sacrificed, and continue to fight for our freedom and our ability to go about our normal days. If that makes me a twatwaffle, so be it.

I'm not saying that everyone should spend the day crying on their couch. I'm talking about the people that don't give a single thought to the magnitude of this day and how it affected our lives.

I agree with you.  Sadly there are people who don't understand how it affected our lives.  As the years go on, there will be more and more of these people.  Anyone under the age 16 will have a hard time even remembering the day. 

By the time our children are our age, 9/11 will be somewhat like 12/7. 

i'm sorry but i think i might be one of  those people. i mean, i get that it was devastating for you all and THAT i understand, but until i read the posts here, i don't think i would have thought that today was any different from any other day. and it's not that i don't respect you and that i'm not sensitive about what happened to you, it's just that, i just really didn't know - or at the least, i didn't remember. so i apologize in behalf of those other people who were less sensitive about the day, but don't blame them for not knowing. 

i really am sorry for what has happened and how it has affected you and to whoever has lost anyone there.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageBarooGirl:

I nominate people that lurk only until they want to "set someone straight". I dont get the point of it and cant decide if I find it sad or weird.

I laughed out loud at this. But I'm not sure if it was because I found it sad...or weird. I think sad.

• imageJulieN0704:
    imagemrstoussaint:
    imageJulieN0704:

I shouldn't have limited this thought to just today, I suppose. I'm not so ignorant that I think this is the only day people should stop and reflect on a tragic event.

However, from my experience I think it's disgusting the way people now treat Ground Zero as if it's a tourist attraction and nothing more. People died there, show some respect.

This, I totally get.

• My step-daughter's BM is a twatwaffle for putting so much pressure on my SD to lose her first tooth at her house, instead of at school or our house or anywhere else for that matter. Who does that? We're going to fight over who gets to be the toothfairy? No matter that the adult tooth was already growing in behind it or that SD lives with us 5/7 days of the week.

*pounds fist like an angry old lady* 

• imagerachael_c26:
    imageBarooGirl:

Yes

I was just thinking the sammmmme thing.

Yes. This, exactly. 

BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"