LGBT Parenting

How was your weekend?

And where IS everyone?  hello....crickets....

Re: How was your weekend?

• Good weekend. We went to a concert in a fun ampitheatre on Saturday - Rascal Flats - I really liked the opening acts more than the main attraction. Being the DD when everyone apart from my lovely GF was very merry was interesting to say the least :)

Yesterday we met some friends briefly at a neighborhood  dive bar for some lunch and a little football (neither V or I are really into football, but we wanted to see our friends).

Last night we polished off what was left of season 8 of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. <3 Dr Torrez <swoon> 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Friday night went to dinner with L and the kids. Came home and watched the Paralympics. Amazing.

Saturday L slept in while I watched a movie with the kids. We had a lazy morning before going to lunch and then to Costco before L headed to the hotel to write. I took the kids to a birthday party right in the middle of a huge storm and the parents had planned all types of outdoor things. Instead, they had 10 kids running around their tiny house. It was fun nonetheless.

Sunday I took the kids hiking at one of the national parks near us. It started off rough (lots of whining and I fell on a rock and scrapped/bruised my arm, knee, and back) but thankfully, we all recovered and the kids had a great time climbing rocks. I was glad we got there early because when we left at 12, there was a mile of cars waiting to get in. Went to The Container Store, which was a bust, to lunch, to get Carter's soccer stuff, and to Target. Got home and met up with our neighbors so the kids could play. It was beautiful out! The other kid's mom and I dug out our lawn chairs and drank beer and chatted while the kids ran themselves silly - so much fun! Hung out much later than planned and L came home early from writing, so I had to run around cleaning up/getting stuff ready for the week.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Friday: EV worked from home and then we got into an argument, she took a nap and I went to a LGBT meeting, but left after half an hour because K was getting fussy. Picked up food at Whole Foods and then EV and I talked it out when I got home.

Saturday: Acupuncture in the morning (its been a month or so since we've gone because our Acupuncturist was on vacation in China).  In the afternoon I took K to visit a friend and her 5 and 2 year old.  EV went with a group of other friends to watch a documentary.  Met back up at night at our house and stayed up way to late talking.  K and I took a bath together in our garden tub which was like a pool to him.  EV sat in the bathroom with us and we watched him have such a great time "swimming" around :-)  So cute.

Sunday: K woke up early (as per usual :-) so we went to grab breakfast and coffee for EV. Then we all headed out to the Sonoma Coast and Armstrong woods (redwood forest). Had a great time at the beach and K loved the trees - he just loves plants. Philly cheese steaks for dinner in the park and took a very sleepy K home.  He slept in his swing while I caught up on homework and EV began studying for the semester which begins for her in October.

All in all a great weekend. :-)  So glad we're able to take K on the road now :-)

• our weekend was AWESOME...

Its Pride here- 

Friday: We went to the pride Parade its at night ( cuz its too darn hot in the day but its still hot at night )  M and I and the girls walked in the Parade with the *** march - It was the 1st time there was a *** march ( it needs to be improved)  So we walked with a a few of our friends  and then 1/2 way through the  parade we were in a group all on our own - and as we walked by the DJ  saw us and then mentioned our LGBT family group  so we became our own lil float .. YAY ... we were also on the news.  We made the girls shirts that say QUEER OFFSPRING 

queeroffspring 

Saturday  was Pride Festival  we ran our Kids activity room and it was HIT. There were so many kids and families and strollers we had games crafts and cotton candy.   Success!

Kids Zone 

Here is a pic from the Parade of all of us

pride parade2012 

News Link :   we are at the end

Sunday : LAZY LAZY DAY 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Our weekend was pretty boring.

Friday - We didn't eat out all week so we treated ourselves to a date night!  We went to a new seafood place and I had sushi (cooked) and it was so yummy.  M had stuffed flounder that was HUGE.

Saturday - we slept in and then just kinda chilled.  We did get our target registry finished!  I made sloppy joes for dinner.

Sunday - We put together the cribs and watched some FOOTBALL!!! 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Saturday morning we had brunch with friends of ours who moved here from DC about 6 months before we did. They're both retired. We had a great time - they're so fun and easy to talk to, I'm hoping we can get together often. Afterward we came home for nursing/naps and then drove out to a trail that meanders along the river and then between cornfields and took a long walk. (Well, long for us.) Saturday night we planned on watching The Descendants, but we ended up talking for a long time and then reading. I finished The Age of Miracles this weekend and it was so good but also unsettling and sad. 

Sunday we had a pretty lazy day, mostly just playtime and hanging out with the babies, and a Target run for me. My parents came over to watch the kids and we met couple-friends who have a 5-month-old for our first adults-only get-together. We ate at a fantastic (modern) Italian restaurant that I plan to return to many, many times. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Jay - I love those shirts!  Your activity room looks awesome - great job.

Our weekend was both awful and awesome.  I've been having awful panic attacks (possibly from a new medication I'm on) so C came home early from her trip.  She also has a cold (very unusual for her).  So we basically spent the whole weekend sleeping, cuddling, and recovering.  Not great circumstances, but wonderful to get to spend time with C with no other distractions.  Today's our first wedding anniversary, and we're going out to dinner to celebrate.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Fri: I did laundry and played with Ky. There was also some baking.

Sat: Tumbling in the AM. Then we headed to the aquarium. I originally planned for the zoo but the forecast was rain until mid-day and I did not want to risk driving the hour there only to be rained out with no back up plan. Ky had a fantastic time! We went to Tom.and.Chee a super yummy grilled cheese place right there on the levee for a late lunch. On the way home I hit up BRU for some more yogurt pouches on sale. Ky napped until about 5 at which point I got her dressed and ready for A to pick up. I spent the rest of the night watching tv and doing pretty much nothing.

Sun: I got up early and mom and I went to pick up Ky from A. The three of us went to breakfast followed by the popcorn festival. I have two bags of cinnmaon toast crunch popcorn at home calling my name. Ky had a good time and played some games/bounce din the kids area. We were going to go to another local festival but it was hotter than we planned so we went shopping instead. I bought some cute things to make my nieces a Halloween goody bag. Ky napped while I cleaned when we got home. Then I picked up take out dinner and we enjoyed it on the patio. Ky played in the sand and I had to drag her out of it for a bath and sticker art before bed. I thought she was going down easy after singing herself to sleep while I listened from the couch but 20 minutes later she was up screaming and crying...cue late night where she ended up in my bed just so we got some sleep. I transferred her back to hers when I woke up about 1 AM and for someone who got so little sleep she was up bright and early and very chipper *grumble*

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagehlke:

Jay - I love those shirts!  Your activity room looks awesome - great job.

Our weekend was both awful and awesome.  I've been having awful panic attacks (possibly from a new medication I'm on) so C came home early from her trip.  She also has a cold (very unusual for her).  So we basically spent the whole weekend sleeping, cuddling, and recovering.  Not great circumstances, but wonderful to get to spend time with C with no other distractions.  Today's our first wedding anniversary, and we're going out to dinner to celebrate.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !   and thank you !

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"