January 2012 Moms
Options

Babbling

So while we were travelling for Labor Day, DS finally cut his first tooth.  The day after, he started babbling with consonants.  It came out of nowhere.  I don't know if he started because he's practicing articulating against his new tooth or if it's from all the conversations he was around.  It's just interesting that he suddenly found his consonants.

How are your LOs doing on the babbling front?  Did teeth have anything to do with it?

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
Lilypie Maternity tickers
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: Babbling

• Options

He has been saying mama for a while, and in the last two weeks added dada.  But I'm not convinced he is calling for us, just making noises. 

When he sees something he really wants to eat (like bloody rare steak) he says "n-eye, n-eye, n-eye" and pounds the table.  

He also makes a "hey" sound too, but that doesn't seem to be associated with anything.  

His bottom teeth came in a few weeks before the babbling started.  

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have plenty of babbling, particularly a lot of "dadada"ing, but still no teeth. We also have a fairly prominent "hey" sound. Like huahine mentioned, I don't think our words mean anything yet.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DD has been yelling HEY since she was about 3 months old, especially when she was hiccuping, that always got her mad and she'd yell HEY lol

the last 3 weeks or so there is a lot of "dadad dad adeedd ddadad, mnaadmmaaa, tsssk tssssk, thethethethe but NO mama yet lol

She is a chatterbox all day long but no teeth yet. I'm starting to doubt they'll ever come out it's been 3 months!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lily has been chatting for months. She started cutting her first tooth this week. Lots of dada dada,and mama and something that sounds like ning ning when she's upset, but like the others said, don't really think there's meaning behind them yet. She loves to say dada in various pitches, quite funny.
  • Options

imageSanbry:
    something that sounds like ning ning when she's upset

DD says ning when she's mad, too! How funny. DD also says nay when she wants something or is excited, usually right before nursing or being fed solids. She has no teeth yet though, and has been doing he mamas and dadas for a while now. I think it was just a coincidence!

• Options
    Lol...my DS also says ning ning when he is upset as well! He looks you straight in the eye when he says it too to make sure you know he is displeased. He was saying "mama" all day for one day a month ago then nothing since. Right now he is into making raspberries and shakes his head no when he is excited.
  • Options
    imageHuahine:

He has been saying mama for a while, and in the last two weeks added dada.  But I'm not convinced he is calling for us, just making noises. 

When he sees something he really wants to eat (like bloody rare steak) he says "n-eye, n-eye, n-eye" and pounds the table.  

He also makes a "hey" sound too, but that doesn't seem to be associated with anything.  

His bottom teeth came in a few weeks before the babbling started.  

That sound makes me laugh.

DS does more of a "n-eh, n-eh, n-eh" when he wants to get up in the morning, wants to be held, wants to eat, just wants something and is being whiney.

His bottom two teeth  just came in last week but he's been making this sound for a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"