Postpartum Depression

Hobby to cope?

Wondering if any of you have taken on a new hobby that might have helped as a coping method? I was thinking about learning to knit or sew. Suggestions?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Hobby to cope?

• One of my friends took up knitting to help and is loving it. 

My hobby seems to be walking and journelling.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Totally helps! I started writing a blog and rebooting my photography as well. It was an amazing difference and help!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagewinter-shock:
    Totally helps! I started writing a blog and rebooting my photography as well. It was an amazing difference and help!

I just checked out your blog and you're a really good writer and that picture you took is beautiful.

I have decided that I want to be a better cook, so I have been spending more time in the kitchen, but with fall coming on, I'd love to knit or crochet, so I might give it a go!

Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• I started decorating with my son earlier this week and he loved it! I'm going to try a different craft project every week, along with a different recipe (I like the cooking suggestion). I still want to pick up knitting, but that's an intimidating project to me right now, especially when decorating needs to be done in my house first ;-)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageemnoahmom:

imagewinter-shock:
    Totally helps! I started writing a blog and rebooting my photography as well. It was an amazing difference and help!

I just checked out your blog and you're a really good writer and that picture you took is beautiful.

I have decided that I want to be a better cook, so I have been spending more time in the kitchen, but with fall coming on, I'd love to knit or crochet, so I might give it a go!

Thanks!  The writing has been by far the most helpful thing. Not sure if you want to the very first posts but they were so hard to write because they were right in the thick of my PPD. But I felt like a weight was lifted off me after writing them!

Also I wish I could knit and cook but I am terrible at both :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"