Postpartum Depression

Re: (Untitled)

• I lurk here also in anticipation of PPD. I have had depression/anxiety issues for 10 years, and have to stay on meds. My Dr actually decided it would be healthier for my child to have me stay on my meds than to get off because the stress of depression and anxiety can be harmful. I am on a med considered pretty safe. I suggest looking at the Harvard Women's Health website. Can give some great info. Also, talk to your OB. Mine sent me for a level 2 ultrasound to make sure the heart was ok...just to be on the safe side. All was well as they expected.

Don't feel guilty. Unfortunately it is something we have to deal with, but it is better to be on top of it from the start than to crash later! I felt guilty for a while, but talked a lot to my Drs and therapist, and know that staying on meds was the best choice.

• I was on zoloft following the birth of DD and did not do well when I tapered off, so I made the decision (in consult with my OB and psychiatrist) to stay on it through pregnancy. It's considered pretty safe for pregnancy and, for me, the benefits seem well worth the very small risks.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"