New York Babies

Beth Israel Midwives

Does any use/have feedback on the Beth Israel Midwives practice group, or delivering at Beth Israel in general?

Re: Beth Israel Midwives

• I had both my boys at BI but not with a midwife. Had great experiences for both. I have a friend that used a midwife for both her kids at BI and had good experiences also.

The maternity rooms are very nice and roomy. The nurses are great and would deliver there again if I had a 3rd :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just delivered at Beth Israel on 8/31 and used the faculty practice at the PACC in Union Square. Dr. Matamala delivered my baby and she was great, there the whole time while I was pushing and was very patient! My regular ob was Dr. Frasca who was also helpful and delivered my friend's baby in June who also had a good experience.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehappifrappie:
    I just delivered at Beth Israel on 8/31 and used the faculty practice at the PACC in Union Square. Dr. Matamala delivered my baby and she was great, there the whole time while I was pushing and was very patient! My regular ob was Dr. Frasca who was also helpful and delivered my friend's baby in June who also had a good experience.

my reg ob is dr gonzales..but dr frasca delivered my first son because my dr was on vacation. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I delivered at BI as well, but not with a midwife.I was induced, so my OB delivered, but I've met Dr. Matamala who was on call that night and came in to check on me.

I had a great experience, the nurses are awsome, and the private rooms are pretty nice.I wasn't able to make it to the lactation class (which they have in the mornings after breakfast) so they brought the teacher in to my room.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my dd was born at beth israel 2.5 years ago. it was a good experience, there was one nurse who i absolutely did not care for at all but everyone else was great. i had a deluxe private room, it was spacious and nice. my doctor was dr lam, but dr gade was the doctor on call so she delivered my dd via c-section (breech).
  • Anyone that delivered at Beth Israel, can you go into more detail about your birth and the labor and delivery floor.  Were you able to walk around, change positions and so forth?  Were you given a room when you first got to the hospital, or did you have to wait until you were dilated enough?  
  • I delivered At BI with a midwife! Melissa peard was there for the beginning of labor and Joyce Griffin actually delivered me. She was amazing. I ended up having to get induced due to low fluids. I had an enema and my water ended up breaking right after. Since I was there for low fluids I had to be monitored the whole time and couldn't walk around. Normally you can walk around as long as there are no complications. My kid flipped sunny side up. The main OB on the floor was pushing us to go into a c-sec since i was in labor so long and had a fever but I stood my ground and Joyce was right there with me. 22hrs of labor and 4hrs of hard pushing and my guy arrived.

Here's my BIRTH STORY (clicky) if interested. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"