Georgia Babies

high chairs

Hey ya'll,

I was thinking of getting one of those highchairs that you attach to a regular table chair.  Is there anything I need to consider?   Any reason why that would be a bad idea?  I want one with no fabric to wash.  Anyone have a rec?  Thanks ! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: high chairs

• We love out Fisher Price space saver.  It does have a cloth seat but it's the kind you can just wipe off.  We've only put it in the washer once.  
  • We have a Fisher Price space saver, too, and love it.  Our dining room chairs have no arms, so that works out well since the width of the arms on the high chair is pretty wide. The straps on the back and bottom are long enough for any size chair, so we even take it traveling with us.

It comes with a removable and washable cover, but you don't have to use it. I ordered some custom made ones on Etsy to change in between washings. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • we have the Space Saver too and we just took the cover off completely.
  • imageMrsFv20:
    we have the Space Saver too and we just took the cover off completely.

lol, that never occurred to me, I think I'll try it that way!

• We have a space saver too. I really like it but the "arms" on the ss don't fit under our table. I would pick one with lower arms so I could push in the chair next time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have a fisher price one too but it didn't come with a cover. We always used it and never got a true high chair. Both by boys quite using it around 18mths. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsFv20:
    we have the Space Saver too and we just took the cover off completely.
    ditto. You may want to put a seat cover down if you have a fabric seat cover on your actual chair.  Ours need to be reupholstered.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The reason I neve for one of those is because it takes up limited seating. We don't often have gears, but when we do, it's usually a houseful and it would be too much of a pain to take it out every time just to free up a seat.

We got a highchair that comes off the stand and can be put on a regular chair do we had it as an option, but we never used it that way.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We have both kinds.  The spacesaver is particularly useful when traveling.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • We have the Chicco one, and it is a huge pain to clean. I like the concept though, and it sounds like there are some easy-to-clean alternatives out there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"