I hate nap time.... — The Bump
March 2012 Moms

I hate nap time....

My munchking sleeps wonderfully at night and has started to completely sleep through the night. Ok by started I mean, he's done it twice in the past three days. If and when he does wake up in the middle of the night, he is hungry so he eats and goes back to bed no problem. Naps, on the other hand are a different story. Actually he does ok with his morning nap. The afternoon nap is torture. He gets whiney at everything and so I think ok time for a nap. By this point, he has been awake for 2 hours. Yeah, no nap is his plan. He fights and crys and screams. I try to leave him in his crib and soothe him every few minutes, but he just keeps crying. I try to rock, and he crys some more. I will try to nurse and won't fall asleep. Eventually though (an hour or so of nap fighting), he will nurse and fall asleep.

Maybe his whiney is just boredom and he wasn't ready for a nap yet? He is just so confusing, because he will rub his eyes and snuggle on my shoulder but will not fall asleep. Anyone else have this problem?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

Re: I hate nap time....

• I feel like Jonathan is the worst napper ever! But he doesn't get to cranky which is nice. But he doesn't like to nap. He sleeps through the night 8pm until 5am (sometimes later if DH and I leave later for work) But during the day he takes 30 min cat naps. SOMETIMES he will take a good two hour, usually in the afternoon, but that isn't everyday. I don't know what to do about getting him to take longer naps.

I keep telling DH when he starts daycare in a few weeks the teachers are going to go crazy..LOL...he's that kid that won't nap and just wants to play play play

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • My daughter does the same thing.  For her afternoon nap I have to play the nature sounds to settle her.  The rain and babbling brook work best. 
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt14f7ad.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I have been experiencing this also.  DD doesn't seem to be ready to nap when she used to.  She having a lot more awake time now, so I've had to adjust her schedule.  We recently went from 3 to 2 naps and she goes down much better.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Claire has been sleeping through the night since 12 weeks. She would also take about 2-3 1 hour naps a day.Here lately she is refusing to take a nap. We are lucky to get 1 or 2 30 min naps in with her. She just doesnt want to give it up and lay down. We have tried leaving her alone in her crib, rocking her, and laying down with her.  Nothing works. She is still STTN but she is so cranky when I pick her up from the sitter in the afternoons. I hope its just a phase because I miss coming home to my happy, smiling baby in the afternoons.
    photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • image caybeh:

My munchking sleeps wonderfully at night and has started to completely sleep through the night. Ok by started I mean, he's done it twice in the past three days. If and when he does wake up in the middle of the night, he is hungry so he eats and goes back to bed no problem. Naps, on the other hand are a different story. Actually he does ok with his morning nap. The afternoon nap is torture. He gets whiney at everything and so I think ok time for a nap. By this point, he has been awake for 2 hours. Yeah, no nap is his plan. He fights and crys and screams. I try to leave him in his crib and soothe him every few minutes, but he just keeps crying. I try to rock, and he crys some more. I will try to nurse and won't fall asleep. Eventually though (an hour or so of nap fighting), he will nurse and fall asleep.

Maybe his whiney is just boredom and he wasn't ready for a nap yet? He is just so confusing, because he will rub his eyes and snuggle on my shoulder but will not fall asleep. Anyone else have this problem?

Mylittle girl is exactly the same! And then half the time she wakes up after only 20 minutes...  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards