June 2011 Moms
Options

Insulated straw sippy cup question

Dd seems to like sippy cups with a straw. I have playtex brand as well as foodo. The playtex are fine for water but don't keep milk cold enough. The foodo are great at keeping her milk cold. My only issue with the foodo is that dd gets obsessed with the lid and doesn't really drink from it. She wants to open and close the lid over and over again.
Does anyone know if a brand of sippy cup that has a top similar to the playtex but keeps cold as well as the foodo?

Re: Insulated straw sippy cup question

• Options
    I'm laughing bc my daughter totally does the same thing with the foogo cups. She does eventually drink it but she loves playing with the lid. It helps if I hand it to her open basically raising the straw to her face and then letting her grab it.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Bay does the same thing. I dont use the cup anymore because it has the breather hole alos and the milk leaks from that bad. Do you guys have the same problem with these sippy's? Or did I buy the wrong one??

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagerlmanning:
    Bay does the same thing. I dont use the cup anymore because it has the breather hole alos and the milk leaks from that bad. Do you guys have the same problem with these sippy's? Or did I buy the wrong one??

Are you talking about the foodo cups leaking? I've only found mine to leak if I fill them too much or when dd turns them upside down and shakes it. The playtex do leak worse than the foodo. When ever we are out I keep all sippy cups in a Ziplock bag inside of what ever I'm carrying.
  • Options
    We have Platex straw cups but one of them that my aunt bought for Em is insulated. I can't find another one like it, but they definitely make them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

rlmanning: My Foogo looks like style 2 below and it only leaks if the lid is open.  Is this the same problem you have?  I like that it keeps her drink so cold for so long that some leaking is NBD to me.  I have only noticed leaking if she tips it straight up and down or if she puts in her seat upside down. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelauracoro:
    Dd seems to like sippy cups with a straw. I have playtex brand as well as foodo. The playtex are fine for water but don't keep milk cold enough. The foodo are great at keeping her milk cold. My only issue with the foodo is that dd gets obsessed with the lid and doesn't really drink from it. She wants to open and close the lid over and over again. Does anyone know if a brand of sippy cup that has a top similar to the playtex but keeps cold as well as the foodo?

What about a spout Foogo one like this?foogo sippy cup

https://mightynest.com/shop/baby-kid-gear/sippy-cups/foogo-leak-proof-hard-spout-sippy-cup-10-oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsI:

rlmanning: My Foogo looks like style 2 below and it only leaks if the lid is open.  Is this the same problem you have?  I like that it keeps her drink so cold for so long that some leaking is NBD to me.  I have only noticed leaking if she tips it straight up and down or if she puts in her seat upside down. 

We have the new style, and we don't have a leak problem!

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
  • Options
    imageMrsI:

Ah maybe I need to try the new style. Because I can never keep Bay from tipping it upside down. She likes to shake them as well. The Foogo that I bought when tipped upside has a steady stream that comes out of the "breather" hole on top. You can see it in these pics. Maybe I just bought a lemon. I may try buying another. They are just pricey. This time I will keep the receipt... :)

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • Options
    Dd also turns it upside down and shakes it but milk only comes out on hard shakes and it's not much. I have the new style.

Also thank to the poster that suggested the other top style but I am really looking for a straw sippy cup.
  • Options
    We carry milk in a thermos when we're on the go and pour it into the playtex cup.   Both boys are BIG milk drinkers so I'm used to carrying around a small lunch box with a thermos and ice pack.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"