March 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone do Grandparents day?

we dont do that in the UK but I figured it would be a cool tradition to start with my mom as well as the IL's
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone do Grandparents day?

• Options
    Sept 7th apparently and I guess so..or at least a granparents gift.  I ordered something from shutterfly with the IL's favorite photo of the munchkin on it.. it actually arrived today and is even nicer than I was expecting which is awesome ..I'll be ordering another one for my mom and she will get it when she arrives to visit for Xmas.

just as well I get all these codes for shutterly  they are wanting the books I make.. eveytime I make a new one someone wants a copy lol.  The one I made just for us...is due this week and I know they already want a smaller copy of that one.

It's pretty cute check your private message later and I'll share the book link with you so you can see it if you want to. If you want a book for Grace just let me know and we'll figure out a way for you to send the pics to me and I'll build it for you if it's not available to you like the canvas's.
  • Options
    Nope. We only did Grandparents' Day when I was in K in school. I always figured GP Day was just one of those random days no one did anything about.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Brett was about 9 months old his first Grandparent's day.  I sat him in his bumbo with the table on it and let him go to town with finger paint to make them pictures.  I guess I have lost track of it since then because I don't remember what we might have done last year and looks like it's too late for this year since my parents left on vacation yesterday.  I think any grandparent would love picture books or something like all the hand/footprint art on pinterest.  My parents and my MIL do so much to help us out with the boys throughout the year, it's nice to have a day to acknowledge them for it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    According to my calendar, it's this Sunday, the 9th.  We never did anything to celebrate it when I was growing up, but I plan to at least do something this year.  I got cards for both sets of grandparents.  And, when DS was about 3 weeks old, we did clay plaques with his little baby handprints and footprints.  We'll be giving each set of grandparents one of those.  My parents are local, so we'll probably have them over on Sunday.  DH's parents live out of state, so we'll send it to them.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    We do it in k-3 grade. It's grandparents/special friends day. So then they let your grandparents or aunts, uncles whatever come and visit your school and do activities with you. But that's all here.
  • Options
    Yes, we celebrate it. Unfortunately not like I would like too. My family is so far away. So I'm getting them a gift with DS pic onit. If we were home we would spend the day with them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    just got them a card, and we will see them over the weekend =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"