VBAC
Options

are any of you from MN?

I am just curious if anyone here is from MN. I am looking for a new doctor and would love to get a list of truly VBAC friendly physicians.  You get a lot that say "Oh yeah they are great! .... when they are safe and most of the time they are not safe"

Re: are any of you from MN?

• Options

I am!!  I'm in the twin cities and just had a successful all natural VBAC (waterbirth) with Dr. Hartung at Hudson Hospital in Hudson, WI.  Are you in the metro area?  If so, I'd recommend signing up for the ICAN list serve or attending an ICAN meeting.  The group here is very active.  Dr. Hartung is the most widely recommended VBAC friendly doc in the area and I cannot say enough good things about him.  Off the top of my head I can't think of any other names that get recommended but let me know if you have any other questions.  Good luck and welcome!!

ETA:  Dr. H truly believes that VBACs are safe are generally the better option for both mom and baby.  He doesn't put any time limits on you (for example, I went into labor on my own 10 days past my due date and he never once even came close to suggesting induction) and he is extremely experienced with natural labor/birth.  The nurses out there are also great at supporting a mom who is laboring naturally.  I didn't truly believe that doctor's like him were out there until I experienced it.

• Options
    imageSquirrel29:

I am!!  I'm in the twin cities and just had a successful all natural VBAC (waterbirth) with Dr. Hartung at Hudson Hospital in Hudson, WI.  Are you in the metro area?  If so, I'd recommend signing up for the ICAN list serve or attending an ICAN meeting.  The group here is very active.  Dr. Hartung is the most widely recommended VBAC friendly doc in the area and I cannot say enough good things about him.  Off the top of my head I can't think of any other names that get recommended but let me know if you have any other questions.  Good luck and welcome!!

ETA:  Dr. H truly believes that VBACs are safe are generally the better option for both mom and baby.  He doesn't put any time limits on you (for example, I went into labor on my own 10 days past my due date and he never once even came close to suggesting induction) and he is extremely experienced with natural labor/birth.  The nurses out there are also great at supporting a mom who is laboring naturally.  I didn't truly believe that doctor's like him were out there until I experienced it.

Agree with all of this. 

Dr Hartung has been called a midwife in a man's body and I have heard nothing but singing praise about him. Unfortunately for me he is much too far. I have also heard good things about Generations Women's Health Care Center that I have come across in my VBAC search as well.

I am in central MN and have very few choices of VBAC supportive OBs around here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I wasn't so far away! I am about 30 miles west of Minnetonka, so to get over there would be a good hour and half drive. Not to mention having to figure out what to do with my kids. I will keep looking out here!
  • Options
    If I were you I would get signed up on the Twin Cities ICAN group list serve (it's a Yahoo group) and ask them for referrals.  I'm not all that familiar with your area but I know there have been some recent discussions regarding VBAC friendly docs in the St. Cloud / Princeton area - are you anywhere near there.  How far are you from Maple Grove?  I think there are some midwives who deliver at the hospital there who are good.  There are also several homebirth midwives who do VBACs if that is something you are interested in.  Again, I don't know the specific names of these providers but I know that there are women on the list serve who can point you to them.  Best of luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"