January 2012 Moms

Thinking back....

I laugh at myself and things I did in the first few weeks as a ftm...

- At a rare occasion that DD was asleep in her crib/pnp etc and I'd have the monitor on, I'd hold the dang receiver up by my ear the entire time making sure I can really hear her. And let me tell you, you don't even need a monitor that's how loud she cries LOL

- I was also afraid to go to the bathroom if nobody was around to grab her just in case she needed something

What silly things did you do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thinking back....

• I would turn the monitor loud enough so I could hear DS breathe when we finally crib trained.  He also came to the bathroom with me when there wasn't anyone to hand him off to because I didn't want him to cry when put down so I can pee.

I rode in the back with him for the first few months.  I was paranoid about making sure this kid was breathing at all times.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • imagenamara5532:

I would turn the monitor loud enough so I could hear DS breathe when we finally crib trained.  He also came to the bathroom with me when there wasn't anyone to hand him off to because I didn't want him to cry when put down so I can pee.

I rode in the back with him for the first few months.  I was paranoid about making sure this kid was breathing at all times.

This is what I ended up doing b/c I couldn't hold it all day HAHA

• Loading the player...
  • I would put my son in his bouncy chair and put him in the bathroom doorway when I used the bathroom or took a shower!

I went back to work in the evenings when my son was 2 months and my husband would stay with him. I used to be so paranoid that my husband would forget about him and leave him in the car, that I used to peek inside our 2nd vehicle after I got home from work to make sure our son wasn't in there! I have no idea why I felt this way because my husband is an excellent father!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOL Namara I rode in the backseat for about 4 months for the same reason. I had to force myself to sit in the front seat and it killed me. Now she is older its much easier.

Our master bathroom is in our bedroom. I make sure I lock the bedroom door when I get in shower so no one can come and kidnap her while I am showering. Silly I know lol.

I use to hold her while I peed, made a bottle, start a load of laundry, etc. Now I know it's okay if she cries for a min as long as she is safe.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLibraryChica:
    This is a good one. Let's see, after we weaned I still took my shirt off to feed DD. I thought she would miss the skin-to-skin. DH was thrilled, my brother horrified when he forgot to knock.

ROTFLMAO

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"