September 2011 Moms

DD's first 1st birthday present (updated to PIP)

I should've taken a picture to PIP, but our friend brought over DD's birthday present the other night, and it's awesome. 

Background - He manages the children's zoo at our local zoo, where they just put in a big backyard play area.  When we went a couple of weeks ago, Tatum was playing with some bongos there, and we were talking to our buddy about how we were planning to get her a hippie drum to play with because she gets such a kick out of drums and we thought the hippie drum would last her longer than a Fisher Price or toy one would.  He said he thought he had some old bongos laying around his house from college that Tatum could just have.  Then I thought we all sort of forgot about that conversation - we never asked him about it again, and we never got around to buying her a drum.  Fast forward to Monday night, when he came over to hang out . . .

He brought her a big burlap drum bag filled with instruments from all over the world!  They're all stuff that he had around his house from his and others' travels around the world over the years.  There's a set of bongos and a taller hippie drum (which, ironically, DH had bought for him in college), an African seed pod shaker thing, a couple of castanets from Spain, egg shakers, some Australian stick instruments, and a turtle whistle from somewhere (I forget where).  Tatum was beside herself with all of the fun stuff that she can make noise with.  She loves it all.  And I completely love that he just gathered all of this stuff that he already had sitting around his house not being used and gave it to her as a gift.  Sometimes those really are the best kinds of gifts.  I'll try and take a picture of all of it tonight that I can share tomorrow.

ETA: I took a picture:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DD's first 1st birthday present (updated to PIP)

• Wow, what a cool gift!  Tatum is one lucky kiddo!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is so awesome! G and I are jealous!
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • imagejakstr0808:

Ok, I'm sure I'm the ONLY one this happened to (being the only zookeeper of the board that I know of), but since you started out by saying your friend is at a zoo and T was playing at the zoo, when you said she was playing with bongos I assumed you meant these:

LOL.

Yup, I think you're probably the only one!  LOL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"