Minnesota Babies
Options

MSP airport and baby food/formula

We are traveling next week and obviously I'm gonna need to bring food and formula. For those of you have experienced traveling with both or just formula/bm did you have to "declare" it and take it out of your bag? TSA's website says you dont need to put in a ziplock bag.  But i was wondering if I need to actually take it out or just tell security it's in there. TIA 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MSP airport and baby food/formula

• Options
    I just left it all in my carry-on and figured I would explain it if I was asked, but I never was so I didn't have any issues.
    image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• Options
    I was asked once about it, Also I would recomend bring the Baby food pouches and not jars or little tubs (so much easier to pack. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't know about baby food, when we flew out of MSP in May we had a few bottles of premade Similac, and not only were we required to take it out of the bag, but they insisted on stripping off the plastic wrapping and swabbing it for explosives.

Flying back from Orlando, they did no such thing. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it partially depends on who is working security.  However, when we went to Florida last October, we had to declare our baby food and bottles.  They ran it through some special scanner for liquids and then we were good to go.  I will say it was less of a hassle in MSP then it was at the FL airport on our way back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Always be ready to have to show everything and have it inspected...
  • Options

imagekatiebird1127:
    Always be ready to have to show everything and have it inspected...

This. We flew a dozen times the first year + that our daughter was born. Keep all the liquid in one container and pull it out in a separate bin at security. You probably won't even be asked about it. The only time I ever had an issue was when I forgot about a sippy cup that was half full inside my diaper bag.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"