March 2012 Moms

Hair loss

Please tell me someone else is having ridiculously bad hair loss, too! It has been bad for 2 months now and doesn't seem to be slowing. I wash my hair every other day to hopefully slow it down. Last shower, I didn't even comb my hair afterwards. That was a huge mistake because I just pulled out clumps in the shower! Those little suckers seem to be hell bent on making a mass exodus. 

Am I doomed to look like Sinead O'Connor? 

Re: Hair loss

• Nope your not alone! Ive been having the same problems. BTW our DD have the same name :)

photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • It's a good name! And you have a very cute Claire! Mine's middle name is Michelle (after my mom). Yours?
  • Loading the player...
  • I am hvaing the same problem. It's gross! Clumps come out in the shower, and when I comb, straighten or blow dry there so much hair on the bathroom floor, have to sweep or vaccum constantly. it  sucks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Still having the same problem.  For a while, I thought it was tapering off, but apparently not.  My OB said it's completely normal and will level out long before DS turns 1, but that seems so far away!  I have always had long, relatively thick hair and I'm really bummed by how thin it is right now.  It didn't really get thicker during pregnancy so I don't get why I'm losing so much now.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • KrsCrp...we may have 7 more months of this? Ha! I will be bald!  My hair has always been fine so it is a bummer to be losing this much.
  • OMG!! So it's not just me??? Is this normal?? Why are we losing so much hair! I thought there was something wrong with me!!
  • Yep I have been losing so much hair since about 3 months pp. It actually seems to be slowing down now, and I have all these new hairs coming in.  I joke with DH that DD and I are both getting new hair now.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelisadfox:
    It's a good name! And you have a very cute Claire! Mine's middle name is Michelle (after my mom). Yours?

Thank you! Hers is Rayne ( DH picked it out).

photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • imagelisadfox:
    KrsCrp...we may have 7 more months of this? Ha! I will be bald!  My hair has always been fine so it is a bummer to be losing this much.

That was my thought too!  At that point, I was only about 4 months pp and my jaw just about hit the floor when he said "by the time the baby is one"!  I think what he meant was that the hair loss should have stopped and new growth should have replaced it so my hair should be back to normal by then.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Me too... If anything it seems to have gotten worse over the last few weeks. :[ Booo...
  • Hahaha I've had it really bad too. I was hoping for thick beautiful hair when I got pregnant but didn't even get that. My hair grew less then half an inch so I'm lacking something but my doctor couldn't figure it out. Now falling out in clumps as well. People keep saying take hair,skin, nails pills but they don't work!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"