April 2011 Moms

Anyone's child not talking?

DS says uh oh sometimes and mama on occasion but that is it. Just wondering if anyone else out there is in the same boat?  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone's child not talking?

• Nora's a big time babbler, but she has only a handful of real words, like dada, mama, dog, what's that, yeah, and uh oh.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• My lo isn't talking either.  He *just* started saying "what's that" (was-sat) in the last week.  Other than that, he just babbles.  I think he's said "kitty" (tee-tee)maybe three times (we have two cats).  His pedi isn't worried and informed me that her own son didn't talk until he was two. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mama to a beautiful Baby Bee!
  • Loading the player...
  • We've got mama, dada, and uh oh uh uh from Owen from both of them. Owen also says all done or done done done. Both of them are big time chatter boxes and you can tell that Amelia thinks that what she's saying is hilarious. Amelia will also nod yes and shake her head no when you ask her questions. We'll get more out of them eventually especially as they watch/listen to their big brother talk.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Yeah, little S is 17 months and only has mama, dada, baby, hi, bye-bye, mmmm (when she's hungry), currently learning to say "duck" but really that's about it. She babbles constantly and imitates our speak-sound really, really well so I'm not worried. I'm sure it will pick up soon enough.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Just babbles over here
  • Andrew chatters all the time, but only has a handful of what I would call actual words that he associates with things: shoe, duck, mama, and dada.  He also says 'uh oh' but not when he's done something and if I say yuck when changing his diaper he'll say it, too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have a babbler too, the only real words she says are: hi, bye, no.  On the occassion "night night" but that isn't consistent.
  • imageITGurl0626:
    I have a babbler too, the only real words she says are: hi, bye, no.  On the occassion "night night" but that isn't consistent.

I am seriously amazed that our kid does not say "no".  He hears it all the time! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekestock120:

imageITGurl0626:
    I have a babbler too, the only real words she says are: hi, bye, no.  On the occassion "night night" but that isn't consistent.

I am seriously amazed that our kid does not say "no".  He hears it all the time! 

Maybe he figures that word is not important...LMAO

• imagekestock120:

imageITGurl0626:

Us too! Nora says yeah/yes all the time, but I haven't heard "no" yet!

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Not talking here.  Will can say Da Da and Ma Ma and that is about it.  Seriously, nothing else.  Fully expecting a speech referral/evaluation at his 18 month appointment.  He understands everything and follows directions, and will point a lot and just started shaking his head to mean no.  I think it will come and am not overly worried.  (He is 16 months).  DD at 16 months had a ton of words!  Oh well.  I just hope we can avoid the I am so frustrated that I can't talk so I will act up stage!
  • Not much talking going on here....we've got uh-oh, daddy, more, and on occasion car and momma. There have been a few words he repeated from us, but nothing consistent. We are teaching him sign language to help with the frustration of not being able to communicate.  He can sign eat, more, all done, milk, please, and is starting to pick up on thank you.  I find it has really helped us to have those few words to help him communicate with us instead of being frustrated.  Might be worth a shot if you're having that issue, too. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"