Toddlers: 24 Months+

Re: (Untitled)

• OMFG, I could have written this post myself. We are in the same boat over here. DD is 31 months and just recently when I pick her up from her dad's house she says, "Mommy I don't want to take a nap today". Little pistol! She will scream her head off if I put her down at the usual naptime. She's usually up by 6am so by 1pm I know she's exhausted but she just.will.not.sleep and then if we are in the car later she passes out in the car because she's so exhausted. But she will fight me tooth and nail on naps. Ugh. This sucks. I'm right there with you!
  • Same thing here! My DD sleeps likes a rock when she's at the grandparents, but I'm home 4 days a week as well w/ her and she is refusing to sleep at home! It takes hours everyday to get her to sleep, half the time we just get her back up after an hour or two..I feel bad about just leaving her back there awake for too long. It's almost like a control thing now for her. If she just chose not to nap and was fine till bedtime it would be one thing, but if she doesn't nap she's a pistol from about 4p on - making it hard to do anything in the evenings! UGH! I am about to lose my mind too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad I can commiserate with you ladies. Looks like we are not the only ones going through naptime refusal...
  • I've given up.  I put her in, put on music and shut the door.  I don't go back in until nap time is over (when her little brother wakes up).  For the most part she stays quiet, but usually trashes her room.  Like I said, I give up.  I'll take a trashed room for 2 hours of "me" time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same here. I just go with the flow at this point. He's resisted naps since a year ago. He'll sleep at day care no problem but not at home. I either have to leave him in his room and let him do whatever (except sleep unfortunately) or I put him in the car seat and drive around wasting gas until he passes out. If he's really, really exhausted I'll opt for the car ride, but mostly I just give up and let him stay up and then put him to bed early. He wakes up at 7am regardless of how early or late he went to bed so I'd rather put him down at 8pm and enjoy some quiet time at night.

I think he'll be off naps completely before he's 4 since he's been fighting them for so long.

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"