August 2012 Moms

whoa, whoa... what are everyone's eat/sleep sched's *CLICKY*

after reading the post about letting LO STTN V.S. waking to feed...I'm confused!  Do youwake baby during the DAY to feed them?   

Maybe we are feeding LO too much!?  Right now he eats 3oz (breast OR formula) via bottle every 2 hours in the day (we DO wake him) and let him sleep until he wakes up during the night. 

What's your routine? How often & how much do you feed your baby? 

Random Clicky!

[Poll]
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: whoa, whoa... what are everyone's eat/sleep sched's *CLICKY*

• I wake to feed during the daytime - but every three hours - if she hasn't woken on her own. I do not wake to feed at night...but she tends to wake herself up every three hours or so anyway to eat. As I EBF I have no idea how many oz she gets per feeding. 

In terms of the random clicky - we change and then feed but only because she won't latch if her diaper is wet/dirty. She inevitably poops right after she finishes eating though, so I end up changing her again. We go through a lot of diapers.  

TTC since July 2009 ^Rosemary^ May 7, 2010 Holding my rainbow, Beatrix, since August 21, 2012
  • Wake to feed every 2 hours during the day and every 3-4 at night. Admittedly I often go a bit over.

I also usually feed and then check the diaper, since usually undressing her first wakes her up, then I feed the first breast, then checking her diaper wakes her up again for the second breast. But if she's zonked out at the first breast, I'll do the diaper then. 

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Loading the player...
  • It all depends on how cranky he is, lol...  If he's super hungry then I feed first.  Also I feed first a lot during the day so that he can wake up with the diaper change after the feed and stay awake.  If I know I want him to keep sleeping after the feed I change him first.  There is no one way of doing it for me.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I feed him completely on demand and never wake him since he is back to his birthweight. He normally wakes ever 2-4hrs to eat and usually sleeps 2-4hr stretches. 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I've never had to wake Evie. She never sleeps longer than 2 or 3 hours. 

I usually change her before we eat, because if she's drowsy still it wakes her up enough that she can actively eat, and it minimizes spit uppage since I won't have to lay her on her back so close after eating. 

• We feed on demand during the day.  He is awake a lot during the days anyways.  Sometimes he feeds every 2 hours, sometimes he feeds every 4.  During the night we wake every 4, but I am going to stop since we found out today he has finally reached his birth weight again.  I don't think he will sleep longer than 4 hours though.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
  • I completely feed on demand. She has been gaining weight really fast so her ped said I dont need to wake her. She goes for 4 hour stretches at night and is a snacker during the day, she will wake up to have a sip of formula or nurse for 2 to 5 minutes then pass out.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I never wake day or night to feed I go on her schedule
    lolololo
  • I wake him day and night. The LC said not to go more than three hours between feedings while building up my supply. I sometimes pump but a few times he was hungry right after so I try and latch him on first. He was big and lost nine percent of his weight in the hospital so I have to really be on top of it. He was gaining at his pediatrician appointment though bit she still wantse to watch his weight.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• imagekdm06c:
    I feed him completely on demand and never wake him since he is back to his birthweight. He normally wakes ever 2-4hrs to eat and usually sleeps 2-4hr stretches.
    This is us exactly only the past few days he's been feeding nearly every hour or so- I'm hoping it's just a growth spurt.
  • I always feed first because he gets SO angry if I do it the other way around. I have no issues with him going back to sleep after a diaper change.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't wake him at all...

He wakes up every 2-3 hours on his own.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I wake myself son to feed even though he's a good sleeper and doesn't wake up otherwise. I only do it because of his weight otherwise I wouldn't. As far as changing his diaper I do it before ans sometimes even after if he poos during a feeding.
  • imagekdm06c:
    I feed him completely on demand and never wake him since he is back to his birthweight. He normally wakes ever 24hrs to eat and usually sleeps 24hr stretches.nbsp;

This. Right now she's above her birth weight and the home health nurse said feeding on demand is perfectly fine and I don't have to wake her to feed her as she wakes the feed often enough.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • We do everything on baby's cues rather than per a routine or by the clock.
  • We feed on demand, so it varies from 1-4 hours.  As for changing his diapers, it depends.  If it has been 1-2 hours since his last feeding, I'll usually feed him and then change him because he usually fall asleep during the feeding, and the diaper change wakes him up so he'll eat more.  If it has been longer, I'll usually change him and then feed him. 
  • During the day I only wake him if it's been 3 hrs.

At night, he wakes me every 34.

For diapers, it depends. During the day I change first then nurse. Then often change again :. At night he's so hungry that I nurse 1 side, change his diaper which wakes him up again, reswaddle then nurse the other side.

We have no weight issues though and he's over 10lbs. With my daughter, she had trouble gaining weight so I had to wake her every 23 hours around the clock for 4 months. Good times!

• We feed her when she wakes up and wants it otherwise we wake her to feed her every 3-4 hours, given shes taken the full 2 oz the feeding before. If she didn't take the whole 2 oz I won't let her go past 3 hours. Her pedi told us that 4 hours between feedings was fine for a formula baby, I just want to make sure she gets her weight back up because she was 7lbs 1 oz and birth and 6 lbs 9 oz by the time she left the hospital and the next day at her first appointment.
  • I took LO to the pedi yesterday and she is 7lbs 12 oz, up from 5lbs 15oz at her 4 day check up.   Because she has gained so well I no longer wake her up to eat unless I am starting to feel engorged. Last night she went a 5 hour stretch without eating and I left her go... She is having reflux issues though and will scream for up to 3-4 hours constantly so when she is asleep I just let her rest.

TTC since 05/10

Dx: PCOS,Hypothyroidism, Endometriosis, elevated prolactin

Surgery: Laproscopy 12/15/11 to remove Endo, 8/12/11 to remove 7cm cyst and cauterize 4cm cyst

April 2011 - Clomid 50 mg round 3 - O'd CD 18 BFP 5/2 C/P 5/10

RE Consult 06/02/11, Sonohystogram - clear, DH SA - great! HSG all Clear.

Meet up with RE for plan of attack 10/25: 2 natural rounds and then onto clomid

CD 21 BW shows poor ovulation, November 2011 Clomid 50 mg round 4 - BFP on 11/30 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We don't wake to feed (don't have to-- he lets us know).
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I feed on demand, which for her is every 1 to 3 hours during the day and every 3 to 4 hours at night. Once they're at birth weight you don't have to wake, but my doctor suggested no more than 5 hours at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"