June 2012 Moms

NoseFrida

I guess LO is allergic to pollen. When I take her out to the courtyard, she gets stuffy for the rest of the day. The doc told me to use saline drops and to suck the mucus out.

LO hates the bulb syringe, so I got a nosefrida.

I was wondering if anyone used it and how often do you replace the filters.

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: NoseFrida

• I use it often, replacing the filter only when snot actually gets up there and touches it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use it as needed, which turns out to be every few days. I've only changed the filter once so far.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I got a lot of stuff out. Note to self: do it before feedings...
  • imagejamiah18:
    I use it as needed, which turns out to be every few days. I've only changed the filter once so far.

do you clean the tube every time?

• imageacbfreire:

imagejamiah18:
    I use it as needed, which turns out to be every few days. I've only changed the filter once so far.

Yes, it gets kind of gross quickly.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagejamiah18:
    imageacbfreire:

imagejamiah18:

Yes, it gets kind of gross quickly.

thanks!

•  Your LO will most likely hate the nosefrida.  I'm guessing you will most likely love it (it works REALLY well with the saline drops).

I have used it about every other week so far and it has been amazing at helping LO breathe.  I only use it when she is having trouble nursing because she is so blocked up.  I should probably use it more, but she gets so upset that I only do it when she really needs it. 

I haven't changed the filter, but it is just a little sponge so I've just rinsed it out whenever I'm cleaning the nosefrida... and I agree with PP - I clean it after every use. 

• BTW: how did you know that your LO was allergic to pollen?  Was she congested and runny like an adult would be?  Does she sneeze a lot?
  • imageTweets06:
    BTW: how did you know that your LO was allergic to pollen?  Was she congested and runny like an adult would be?  Does she sneeze a lot?

I noticed that she got congested and stuffy when we spend time in the courtyard. Her eyes are a bit puffy The doc said it was  a cold, but the symptoms never progressed (no fever). I did not take her out for 10 days and she got better.

Yesterday we went to the courtyard again and she got stuffy right after. 

I then looked at the pollen levels and they were high yesterday and when she got sick.

It is a self-diagnostic by elimination at this point... I am calling the pedi on Monday. 

• imageacbfreire:

imageTweets06:
    BTW: how did you know that your LO was allergic to pollen?  Was she congested and runny like an adult would be?  Does she sneeze a lot?

I noticed that she got congested and stuffy when we spend time in the courtyard. Her eyes are a bit puffy The doc said it was  a cold, but the symptoms never progressed (no fever). I did not take her out for 10 days and she got better.

Yesterday we went to the courtyard again and she got stuffy right after. 

I then looked at the pollen levels and they were high yesterday and when she got sick.

It is a self-diagnostic by elimination at this point... I am calling the pedi on Monday. 

Fair enough.  I hope he/she has good advice... and good luck with the Nosefrida!  : )

• My pedi said that babies can't have allergies at this age-- their immune systems aren't mature, but LO is stuffy all the time!  Maybe it's just a sensitivity, does anyone know about this?

Be gentle when sucking with the Nosefrieda, that helped my LO tolerate it although it takes longer to get the snot out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"