December 2011 Moms

drama on message boards

i gotta admit, when i see ladies being all snarky and dramatic on message boards and then i see a pic of their cute baby in their signature, it just cracks me up.  it's like, come on, we're MOMS!  i just imagine my own mother calling someone else names on the internet and i kind of shudder.

i hope this board can be as drama-free as possible. 

Re: drama on message boards

• Hahaha! That thought cracked me up. I think a little bit of drama is unavoidable, but there really is no need to get mean and personal. I also HATE cowards that hide behind an AE.
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• imageglenrapids:

i gotta admit, when i see ladies being all snarky and dramatic on message boards and then i see a pic of their cute baby in their signature, it just cracks me up.  it's like, come on, we're MOMS!  i just imagine my own mother calling someone else names on the internet and i kind of shudder.

i hope this board can be as drama-free as possible. 

Agreed! So tired of seeing these posts! 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm bummed I missed it :-(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagechasensmommy:
    I'm bummed I missed it :-(

bummed that you missed out on the drama?  it's in the thread below in all its unadulterated glory.

• Yes, some tend to hold on to anger and resentment for a loooooooong time. Internet fights crack me up now.  My LO is all over the place the las month or so and I have far better things to do with my time. Plus, I teach high school, so I get my fill of drama at work.

And my mom would even know where to find a message board, lol. Funny comparison! 

• I just read through that whole post. The only thing I was thinking is how much I miss seeing some old faces around this board. I've been here since I found out I was pregnant but I don't feel like I need to run away and hide in some special club just because I've been here for a certain length of time. Wish everyone would come back together in one big group. Makes me wanna just quit the whole forum board thing for good. Sad
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • imageHisKonstantine:
    I just read through that whole post. The only thing I was thinking is how much I miss seeing some old faces around this board. I've been here since I found out I was pregnant but I don't feel like I need to run away and hide in some special club just because I've been here for a certain length of time. Wish everyone would come back together in one big group. Makes me wanna just quit the whole forum board thing for good. Sad

You probably wouldn't miss them if you knew the kinds of things they say about people over here. I'm with ricola, a little drama, whatever. People disagreeing and having a good old fashioned argument, fine. Giving someone your opinion even if it sounds a little harsh, ok. People screw up, apologize and move on with it. But saying nasty things about people and making it personal because you can't let things go is just stupid. 

I've said mean things in the past but I've tried to be more mindful of what I post and how it might be interpreted by people who are perhaps more sensitive than me or not as sarcastic. 

And in the words of my all time favorite, "that's all I have to say about that." 

• imageiluvmylab:

imageHisKonstantine:
    I just read through that whole post. The only thing I was thinking is how much I miss seeing some old faces around this board. I've been here since I found out I was pregnant but I don't feel like I need to run away and hide in some special club just because I've been here for a certain length of time. Wish everyone would come back together in one big group. Makes me wanna just quit the whole forum board thing for good. Sad

You probably wouldn't miss them if you knew the kinds of things they say about people over here. I'm with ricola, a little drama, whatever. People disagreeing and having a good old fashioned argument, fine. Giving someone your opinion even if it sounds a little harsh, ok. People screw up, apologize and move on with it. But saying nasty things about people and making it personal because you can't let things go is just stupid. 

I've said mean things in the past but I've tried to be more mindful of what I post and how it might be interpreted by people who are perhaps more sensitive than me or not as sarcastic. 

And in the words of my all time favorite, "that's all I have to say about that." 

Well that's just a darn shame. Maybe I just miss how active the boards used to be back before everyone left. It just seems so childish and silly. We're all going through the same things with our babies all being the same age. Why can't we all just stop being mean girls and just be there to support each other? Isn't that the entire point of this board?

Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • imageiluvmylab:

imageHisKonstantine:

Amen! All of this!

ETA: When someone disagrees with you/hurts your feelings/does something you don't like in real life, do you:

a) start an exclusive, secret club to talk crap and think of ways to interfere in their life, including becoming a crazy stalker and wearing a disguise to follow them from place to place waiting for a fight to break out

b) talk about your conflict with the person rationally and work out a solution that works for both people because you realise that differences exists in the world

c) get over it and look for the good in people because no one is perfect

I am glad that the other group accidentally outed themselves because we don't need that kind of negative energy around here. I am glad to see a bunch of intelligent and thoughtful ladies that are still here. Now I hope we can go on with our good discussions--including disagreements--without fear that some lurkers are going to jump all over us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageHisKonstantine:

The atmosphere is a little different in the FB group than on TB for sure. I'm in the second FB group, and I enjoy doing both it and TB. I feel like I can share pics of LO and be a bit more personal on FB because at least then I know who's lurking instead of the entire world being able to stumble across my post. I would love to see you try out the FB group. I love hearing about Charlotte :)    

BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • I totally agree I miss the old bump and I miss the non mobile version! I miss seeing all the posts here and familiar faces.

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• imageTussie Mussie:

imageHisKonstantine:

The atmosphere is a little different in the FB group than on TB for sure. I'm in the second FB group, and I enjoy doing both it and TB. I feel like I can share pics of LO and be a bit more personal on FB because at least then I know who's lurking instead of the entire world being able to stumble across my post. I would love to see you try out the FB group. I love hearing about Charlotte :)    

I mean, I do understand the point of it. I just don't get the attitude some people have. I have thought about joining the Facebook group just to give it a try. Would I even be allowed to join?

imageimageimage
  • Of course you would!

• I personally joined the FB2 group just so that I could check in and post during the day at work (I can get to FB easily on my phone but not TB message boards).  It's a lot easier to post pics and videos via FB as well, so that was a plus. I tried joining FB1 group earlier for the same reasons but couldn't ever get anyone to allow me to join.  I went to FB2 with the intent to continue to post on both but it ended up being around the time that a lot of new people joined TB and a lot that joined the FB2 group stopped posting here.  So anytime I came here to check in, there weren't that many new posts and most that were here were not from people I knew.

I totally agree with HisConstantine about wishing we could all be in one big group again- if they could combine TB to a usable FB page that would allow a post on one site to carry over to both- it would be the best of both worlds!!  I'm not as worried as some about the privacy aspect but it has been nice getting to know everyone in a little bit of a different way on FB. I miss some of the ladies from here too though.  I just really wish people could grow up and handle themselves like adults. Like Kwinkle said, I'd be really interested to see how people handle disagreements in their real personal or work life.  I would hope most would have the maturity to not do what they did here, but apparently the anonymity of the internet makes it totally ok to be really rude.

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• imageHisKonstantine:
    imageTussie Mussie:

imageHisKonstantine:

I mean, I do understand the point of it. I just don't get the attitude some people have. I have thought about joining the Facebook group just to give it a try. Would I even be allowed to join?

We'd love to have you!!

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• You know, I don't want us to be one big group again. It is better to have those who can't treat people with respect out of here. The problem is, they still lurk here because they seem to need to talk about us.

I joined the other group to get away from that lurking, only to find that they were lurking there as well. it is really sad and pathetic to see grown women cyber-bullying and stalking people.

I am glad their true colors are out there now. There are good people on this board and I am not afraid to stick up for them and myself. Here's hoping they stay away from now on.

• imageHisKonstantine:
    imageTussie Mussie:

imageHisKonstantine:

Not that it needs to be said again, but of course you would be welcome.  

BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • Our moms didn't have message boards but they had PTA, Church groups, playgrounds, soccer fields...drama is faster spread these days but thinking that moms didn't have it when we were kids is laughable. 

Also, if people don't like all this drama, why keep bringing it up?  Just skip the post and move on.

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • imageMass-girl-at-heart:

Our moms didn't have message boards but they had PTA, Church groups, playgrounds, soccer fields...drama is faster spread these days but thinking that moms didn't have it when we were kids is laughable. 

Also, if people don't like all this drama, why keep bringing it up?  Just skip the post and move on.

Oh, I wasn't necessarily trying to bring it up again, although I guess I did inadvertently (sorry).  I was mostly commenting on the whole baby picture thing.  Like when I see a mom saying "you stupid wh0re!" to someone else, I seriously imagine their cute little tot saying that.  It cracks me up!!!  Whereas in the olden days, people would say it behind peoples' backs, now people say it to directly to the person, hidden by an avatar of their adorable baby. 

• imageglenrapids:
    imageMass-girl-at-heart:

Our moms didn't have message boards but they had PTA, Church groups, playgrounds, soccer fields...drama is faster spread these days but thinking that moms didn't have it when we were kids is laughable. 

Oh, I wasn't necessarily trying to bring it up again, although I guess I did inadvertently (sorry).  I was mostly commenting on the whole baby picture thing.  Like when I see a mom saying "you stupid wh0re!" to someone else, I seriously imagine their cute little tot saying that.  It cracks me up!!!  Whereas in the olden days, people would say it behind peoples' backs, now people say it to directly to the person, hidden by an avatar of their adorable baby. 

Plus, there is a difference between disliking and not causing drama, and ignoring people getting picked on.

• imagekwinkle1980:

You know, I don't want us to be one big group again. It is better to have those who can't treat people with respect out of here. The problem is, they still lurk here because they seem to need to talk about us.
    I joined the other group to get away from that lurking, only to find that they were lurking there as well. it is really sad and pathetic to see grown women cyber-bullying and stalking people.
    I am glad their true colors are out there now. There are good people on this board and I am not afraid to stick up for them and myself. Here's hoping they stay away from now on.

Kwinkle - I have nothing against your personally, but I think a lot of your generalizations above are a little bold -

Not everyone tried to join the FB2 group to "lurk or cyberbully or stalk".... ok maybe stalk but not the kind you're thinking of... some people were honestly interested in getting to know some of ladies that still hang out on TB more personally.

And the board isn't randomly lurked on with the sole purpose talk about everyone on here or poke fun.

Also for the record, Im sure most of the ladies that have connected in any way (whether thru TB or FB1 or FB2 or real life) feel the same way "I am not afraid to stick up for them and myself".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"