3rd Trimester

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    I feel your pain!! I have been lucky I haven't been sick but unfortunately the pregnancy gods had other plans for me. I spend most of my time in the shower in order to relieve the itching that has set in due to PUPPS...Its everywhere and the only time it doesn't itch is never... I've got everything the doctor could give me for relief and then some... too boot I'm on thyroid medication and a modified diet even though I don't have diabetes, baby is still getting extra sugars somehow... I've also been going through extreme braxton hicks and all the signs of a UTI but no UTI... I'm not a tiny girl either but baby has run out of room and beats me up constantly... my only hope is that it will be over soon... I have to remind myself that when they hand her to me for the first time that everything I went through to get to that point will have been worth it.... despite really wanting to rip my body apart at the moment and just wanting her out now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not good at pregnancy either. I was sick and uncomfortable with the first one. I didn't sleep more than an hour at a time from about 16 weeks on. On the plus side, I slept much more with my newborn and that was super. This time hasn't been peachy either. I'm looking forward to brushing my teeth without throwing up. Now for the good news, this is a tiny portion of your child's life. It sucks, but it doesn't last forever. You can do this and it will end soon. GL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I completely understand! I'm also 30 weeks... closing in on 31 in a couple days... and I hate being pregnant! This is my first. I'm about 10 years older than you though :)

I'm on round the clock medication for my nausea/vomiting. And that consists of 4 different meds. I've been gaining weight (yay!) and as of my 28 week appointment, my doctor said she's happy with where my weight gain is. I'm also super constipated, and I get so excited when I poo. Its ridiculous how excited I get. I hurt all over, I'm uncomfortable, and I can never sleep. Either my back starts aching, or my lil man decides to have a dance party. I also just started having some super severe issues with my asthma. I've always had mild-moderate asthma, but it was like once 28-29 weeks hit, it got so much worse. I'm having attacks that turn me blue! Never in my life have I had that! And just this week, my thighs blew up. I don't know how, because I barely eat, but they went from normal to thunder thighs in like 24 hours.

You're not alone. My husband keeps talking about second and third kids, and I look at him and laugh. If I survive this pregnancy, then we can talk about kiddos again in 3 years... 

• Options
    Your 19 and your husband has a sex drive from your college days? When did you go to college? I am calling MUD on how manta times you said your 19.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageATMmom324:
    Your 19 and your husband has a sex drive from your college days? When did you go to college? I am calling MUD on how manta times you said your 19.

I was thinking the same thing. How do you have a sex drive from back in the college days when you claim to be only college age now?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagewawa84:
    imageATMmom324:
    I was thinking the same thing. How do you have a sex drive from back in the college days when you claim to be only college age now?

Maybe her H is older?? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    It can only get worse. You could be on bedrest. Or worse, hospital bedrest. Try trudging through the last weeks of your pregnancy in one room where your only escape is twice weekly ultrasounds or an early delivery. And you get interrupted while you're trying to sleep in that awesome hospital bed a minimum of twice a night. And you know that all this will still result in a preemie requiring NICU time.

If I sound annoyed, I am. Your complaints are certainly valid. But there are those of us who'd give anything to only be complaining about fatigue, vomit, and sex.
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageKadyra:
    It can only get worse. You could be on bedrest. Or worse, hospital bedrest. Try trudging through the last weeks of your pregnancy in one room where your only escape is twice weekly ultrasounds or an early delivery. And you get interrupted while you're trying to sleep in that awesome hospital bed a minimum of twice a night. And you know that all this will still result in a preemie requiring NICU time. If I sound annoyed, I am. Your complaints are certainly valid. But there are those of us who'd give anything to only be complaining about fatigue, vomit, and sex.

I'm sorry that this is how your pregnancy is going... I did the bed rest thing and I know it sucks, but she never said, "No one could possibly have it worse than I do." 

You're life is worse than hers. Good for you.

You don't sound annoyed. You sound bitter. 

• Options
    We got pregnant in college during freshman year. I'm gunna finish after baby hopefully! :)
  • Options

imagewawa84:
    imageATMmom324:

We got pregnant in college. I was trying to say I'm young but feel old. We are still young but my little boy is making me feel 30! 

• Options
    imagejstoligrosz:

imagewawa84:
    imageATMmom324:

We got pregnant in college. I was trying to say I'm young but feel old. We are still young but my little boy is making me feel 30! 

Um yeah, 30 is so old. They shouldn't even let you have babies when you're older than 30. Especially not when you're 32.

::eyeroll:: 

BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imageKibbieRose:

imageKadyra:
    It can only get worse. You could be on bedrest. Or worse, hospital bedrest. Try trudging through the last weeks of your pregnancy in one room where your only escape is twice weekly ultrasounds or an early delivery. And you get interrupted while you're trying to sleep in that awesome hospital bed a minimum of twice a night. And you know that all this will still result in a preemie requiring NICU time.

If I sound annoyed, I am. Your complaints are certainly valid. But there are those of us who'd give anything to only be complaining about fatigue, vomit, and sex.

I'm sorry that this is how your pregnancy is going... I did the bed rest thing and I know it sucks, but she never said, "No one could possibly have it worse than I do." 

Nope. She never said no one had it worse. But in a vent like that, no one is thinking of what others might be going through. That's just the way it is. When your complaints are small in the grand scheme of things, sometimes you need perspective.

I'm most certainly not bitter. I'm grateful to be safe in the hospital at 29 weeks. If I were home, I could bleed out, killing both baby and me, before an ambulance arrived. I've been here for almost 3 weeks and while not anyone's ideal, it's where I need to be. I may not enjoy every moment, but it is what it is.
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKibbieRose:

imageKadyra:
    It can only get worse. You could be on bedrest. Or worse, hospital bedrest. Try trudging through the last weeks of your pregnancy in one room where your only escape is twice weekly ultrasounds or an early delivery. And you get interrupted while you're trying to sleep in that awesome hospital bed a minimum of twice a night. And you know that all this will still result in a preemie requiring NICU time. If I sound annoyed, I am. Your complaints are certainly valid. But there are those of us who'd give anything to only be complaining about fatigue, vomit, and sex.

Ugh. This.

Just because some people struggle with infertility or end up on bedrest or whatever else doesn't mean that the rest of us are required to pretend to love every second of pregnancy. I'm feel sorry for the people who can't have children or who are at risk of losing them midway through their pregnancy. It's a truly terrible thing to go through. That said, being uncomfortable and sick and ready for it to be over doesn't mean someone isn't grateful for their child, they're just being honest about what they're going through. Sometimes it's just a miserable experience.

imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"