October 2012 Moms
Options

What kind of clothes does LO need for the first 3 months?

FTM, totally clueless.  We live in Massachusetts and LO is due end of October, which means that the first 3-6 months will be pretty cold here.  We also like to keep our house cool, so probably around 68F.

I got hand-me-down clothes from a friend but she gave away NB/0-3 to someone else, so all I got are 6m+.  Since I don't have a shower, I need to go buy some clothes for LO.

I still don't have a good idea of what LO will/should wear.  I don't think we'll be out much except doctors appt & grocery shopping.  Do I even need to buy onesies?  The ones I see are all short-sleeve with nothing covering the legs.  They just don't seem practical to me since they won't be warm.  Do I just dress LO in sleepsuit/footies all day long?  But just 1 layer of sleepsuit doesn't seem to be warm enough to me if it's 68F; what else do I put him in during the day?  I guess when we go out I can just wrap him in  a warm blanket?

For sleep at night, we have 2 swaddlers and several swaddling blankets.  I assume it's warm enough to have sleepsuit + swaddler?

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What kind of clothes does LO need for the first 3 months?

• Options
    You need onesies and sleepers....thats about it for early on unless you have some things you want baby to wear "cute" clothes too. Sort sleeve onesies are good for layering under cotton sleepers. Fleece sleepers are also nice for the colder months. Yes, you can swaddle over a sleeper. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love rompers for this age and wintertime especially. Something like this: https://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_outfit.jsp?pick=NONE&amp;FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374306270714&amp;PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524446005052&amp;ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=1408474395917465&amp;bmUID=1346448290892&amp;productSizeSelected=0&amp;fit_type= 

I also think coordinating outfits like this are great for this age. You'd layer a onesie underneath to keep his belly from being exposed. Substitute a long sleeved shirt for the short sleeved one. 

https://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_outfit.jsp?pick=NONE&amp;FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374306270714&amp;PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524446005051&amp;ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=1408474395917465&amp;bmUID=1346448322530&amp;productSizeSelected=0&amp;fit_type= 

I only use sleepers at nighttime because I like getting everyone dressed for the day.  

Go to Carters, Gymbo and Children's Place. You'll find plenty of cute outfits for daytime.  

Sorry for the nonclicky. I'm on a mac.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sleepers and 'lots of longsleeve and short sleeve onesies....maybe a "coat" or something warm for LO to wear when leaving the house...but that's it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I just need to chime in that the gown style sleepers are awesome for night time because then you don't need to fiddle with snaps when you're already sleep deprived.  If it's chilly put some babylegs and socks on and swaddle them up and they're nice and cozy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think u will need long sleeved sleep and play and maybe pants. But not too many. I've noticed that most with most brands 3 month and 6 month are the same size with 6 month just being longer. So there is no reason not to put the 6 month onzies with 3 month pants and/or layer them under 3 month long sleeved items. Even 6 month long sleeved items can be rolled up. The only real problem that I had with 6 month clothes is the pants were way too big and the long sleeve long pants onzies were too long in the crotch, arms and legs
  • Options
    imagevalkyriemama:
    I just need to chime in that the gown style sleepers are awesome for night time because then you don't need to fiddle with snaps when you're already sleep deprived.nbsp; If it's chilly put some babylegs and socks on and swaddle them up and they're nice and cozy.

I was going to chime in with this same comment! We loved gowns when DS was a baby! They were so convenient! Plus, sleep sacks for once your LO outgrows swaddling.

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Options
    imagevalkyriemama:
    I just need to chime in that the gown style sleepers are awesome for night time because then you don't need to fiddle with snaps when you're already sleep deprived.nbsp; If it's chilly put some babylegs and socks on and swaddle them up and they're nice and cozy.

I was going to chime in with this same comment! We loved gowns when DS was a baby! They were so convenient! Plus, sleep sacks for once your LO outgrows swaddling.

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Options
    You can layer short sleeved onesies and socks under the sleepers until it gets colder, then switch to long sleeved onesies. Your best bet is to pick up a few packs of the white long sleeve onesies from target or wherever. They're definitely one of those things that I consider to be a staple.
    imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"