Military Families

Re: (Untitled)

• https://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/jsp/Medical/IsItCovered.do?kw=Chiropractic+Care

Chiropractic Care

TRICARE does not cover chiropractic care for most beneficiaries. However, the Chiropractic Care Health Care Program is available to active duty service members (including activated National Guard and Reserve members) at designated military treatment facilities throughout the United States.

Family members, retirees and their family members, unremarried former spouses and survivors are not eligible for this program. They may be referred to non-chiropractic health care services in the Military Health System (e.g., physical therapy or orthopedics) or may seek chiropractic care in the local community at their own expense.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • imageIlumine:

https://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/jsp/Medical/IsItCovered.do?kw=Chiropractic+Care

Chiropractic Care

TRICARE does not cover chiropractic care for most beneficiaries. However, the Chiropractic Care Health Care Program is available to active duty service members (including activated National Guard and Reserve members) at designated military treatment facilities throughout the United States.

Family members, retirees and their family members, unremarried former spouses and survivors are not eligible for this program. They may be referred to non-chiropractic health care services in the Military Health System (e.g., physical therapy or orthopedics) or may seek chiropractic care in the local community at their own expense.

Ok the bolded part clears that up. Sometimes I forget the family members vs service member coverage is different.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:

imagehappyasjustkim:
    I was just wondering if Tricare covers visits to a chiropractor. I'm debating about going to see one this pregnancy, but wondered if it would be covered. Also, do I have to get a referral from my ob/gyn office first? 

I see a chiropractor on base and have at where we were assigned before and where we are assigned now. I am guessing it varies on where you go since the PPs are saying no.

Tricare policy says no. But if there is a chiropractor on base, you can often see them for free. 

Ilume's post pretty much cleared up the information I was saying. I am active duty so I do qualify while the OP does not as a dependent. Sorry for the confusion!

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Active Duty military members may see a Chiropractor if they have one at their MTF. Chiropractors are not covered for anyone other than the sponsor, physical therapists are though, and many PTs have a chiro background.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What everyone else said..but if you want to look into chiropractic and aren't covered, call around and see if anyone will take you on a reduced-cost basis.  My dad is a chiropractor and works with people who don't have insurance all the time, and charges a lower rate (he's kind of a sucker, but that's why we love him:) ).  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"