VBAC
Options

VBAC?

Hi,

I am considering a vbac and looking for advice/personal experiences to help my decision.  For those of you that have had a successful VBAC, what was the reason for your first c-section? 

My first section was at 41 weeks for failure to engage.  My gut feeling is the epidural slowed things down and then everything was a snowball after that.  I did have a large baby (9lbs 14oz) so maybe that had something to do with it also.  Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: VBAC?

• Options

With DD#1, I was induced at 41wks 5 dys.  After 60 hours of induction and an hour of pushing, I was just too tired to push properly.  At that point, the nurse and doctor applied a ton of pressure to consent to a c-section.  I basically gave in.  DD was 9lbs 1oz.

My VBAC baby was induced at 40wks 3 dys. After only 9 hours of induction and 45 minutes of pushing, DD#2 made her arrival.  It was an amazing experience.  She was 8lbs 1oz.

With #1, I had stadol and an epidural.  With #2, I ended up going naturally.  I don't know if the epidural prevented me from pushing well, but I did like being able to move around with #2.  My two births were very different, so yours could be too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am going to be right there with you. My birth story is in my blog (link below) but I was similar to above poster but am determined to have a VBAC. Good luck to you!
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"