November 2012 Moms

At risk for premature labor

i went to the hospital last monday and found out that my cervix is really soft. so my doctor performed a test and it came back positive for preterm labor. so ive been to the hospital 3x with in the last week getting ultrasounds and nonstress tests, and got 2 steroid shots in my hip (that were so painful). i have to go back to the hospital on monday, wednesday, and friday to do the samething all over again. im starting to get a lil frustrated and stressed from going back and forth just to be told the samething everytime. im trying to stay in there, but its stressing me out especially when gas is $4 a gallon. im praying and keeping the good faith that baby mikhah will be ok. is there anyone out there that understands how i feel?

Re: At risk for premature labor

• Yes!  I'm in a similar place.  Hang in there.  No change is good that's what we want.  I'm being monitored twice a week now...  45 min ride to dr office plus then to hospital after every appt for tests. But every day/ week I can make it through makes my twins that much healthier....  That's all I focus on!   I know you know this too.  Just know that you are not alone.  Best wishes

• Good luck to you & hang in there. At least you can feel relieved that they are aware of your condition and you'll get better care because of it. Many preterm babies arrive without warning.
    The Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with One Step.

1998 Ovarian Cancer Survivor. 7 Miscarriages: 6w, 13w2d, 4w2d, 7w4d (DD's twin), 5w. Failed Tubal after c/s (!!): 5w2d, 6w4d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a similar story.  Last Thursday my doctor informed me that my cervix was 50% thinned down and 1cm dilated (I am only 30 wks).  She sent me to Labor & Delivery to spend two nights in the hospital under observation.  I also got steroid shots and have been taking medication to control my contractions.  I am now home but on strict bed rest.  My test came back negative, but my doctor will continue to monitor me. 

I am so thankful my doctor reacted as she did, my husband and I where about to embark on a 10 hour car trip back to our hometown for two baby showers.  

We ended up being present at our baby showers via skype & google hangouts.  We are so happy that my contractions are being controlled & I have not dilated any further.  I don't mind the strict bed rest because I know it will allow my baby boy to continue to grow.

Let's all hang in there and keep our eyes on the price, our babies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"