June 2012 Moms
Options

Halloween costumes

What are you planning on dressing your LOs as for Halloween? We were going to dress DS as Tintin (I went to French school growing up so I read the books all the time as a kid) since he already has the red hair, but then I mentioned Braveheart jokingly to DH. Now he wants to dress our son as Braveheart, but I can't think of a way to make his face half blue that doesn't involve facepaint, and I don't want to paint his face. 

Not that we have anywhere to take him really...but the pictures will be cute :). What ideas have you ladies got? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
VOTE on my Name List

Re: Halloween costumes

• Options

I got a really good powder face paint that still looked good to use on my face for a costume.  I have really sensitive skin and it caused me no problems at all.  It actually was made for babies/small children and I got it at Target or Walmart.  

I'm trying to narrow down costumes, and I'm liking the idea of dressing James as a frog or shark.  We'll see because I don't want to spend a ton.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been thinking about this! I haven't looked into it very much, but we might try to do batman, Indiana Jones, or where's waldo. I would love to hear other people's creative ideas for inspiration!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

https://www.buycostumes.com/Lil-Bat-Infant-Costume/38081/ProductDetail.aspx

(Its a little hooded Bat) Maybe Ill be a Mom-med out version of Elvira.  

TinTin would be so cute and so easy! And no face paint! But braveheart would be funny too. 

• Options
    We're borrowing my niece's first Halloween costume from my sis and BIL - so DS is going to be a deer.  My niece was super cute in it, so here's hoping DS is as well.  Either way, it's free to me.  Big Smile
  • Options
    We're not dressing LO up. DH and I are kind of conflicted on Halloween, actually. Neither of us really cared for trick or treating growing up. I only went out twice and never ate my candy. We don't have many kids in our neighbourhood and haven't given out candy in the 6 years we've lived here. AND our immediate families live 35 to 45 minutes away. So I don't know when we'll even start with Halloween. When DS notices and asks about it maybe?

We obviously know that we can't pass on our own apathy for holidays to DS, but we're just not sure when it's "worth it" for him.
  • Options

I really wanted to get a parrot costume for dd and then dh and I would dress as pirates.  But we decided to wait til next year for that when she's a little older.  

For now, I just bought her the little Carter's zebra costume.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagejamiah18:

I really wanted to get a parrot costume for dd and then dh and I would dress as pirates.    

Oh my! that is SUPER SUPER cute! I think DS is going to be king kong & either me or DH is going to be the sears tower Big Smile but I've been looking online at the costumes & there are so many cute ones it makes me second guess what I want.. there is a halloween store opening soon where we live I'm going to see if they've already opened up & if they have I'm hoping to start looking this weekend for costumes! Stick out tongue

• Options
    DD is named Quinn so I want to dress her as a penguin and then take pictures and send them to family with 'PenQuinn" as the title. 
  • Options
    We're going as vets and the kids are going as the animals.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DH and I are going as chefs and he's going to carry DS around in our stock pot dressed as a lobster haha
  • Options

DH wants DS to be a shark.  I'm not really sure why.  lol

We call him Bug, so I'd love to find a bug costume that is not too girly and not a spider!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"