The Bump
Military Families

Replies

• There should be no reason she can't stay on tricare prime. Its not at all uncommon for military couples to live apart be it during deployments, special training, schooling whatever. I lived in northern VA with my parents for a  while my husband was stationed in NC. It was no problem. I would just call your tri-care region to help get you an assigned PCM where you are now
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • From the Tricare Prime Remote website:

Family Member Coverage
    Family members must reside with the sponsors to enroll. If you have family members who live in a separate location from the TRICARE Prime Remote-enrolled sponsors, they may enroll in TRICARE Prime if its offered where they live or they can be covered by TRICARE Standard and Extra.

http://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/home/overview/Enrollment/PrimeRemote

What I can't find from the website is what happens if a MM lives in a military area and the family member doesn't.  It sounds as though Prime Remote might not be a possibility and that you will have to enroll in Standard.  But I am no expert.

Your friend needs to call a Tricare Service Center (not the appointment line) ask the very specific question of "I am in a remote location and my sponsor is on a military base.  Can I enroll in Tricare Prime Remote in this case?" 

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards