January 2013 Moms

Size of your shower invite list

Happy Friday everyone.  My shower is not until November, but the hostess has asked me to start my list and she would like to know my guesstimate on size to nail down the location.  So far, I have about 40 folks on the invite list and I am trying to gauge if that's outrageous or normal.  I expect about 25 to actually come but my friends are fairly mobile so I really have no clue.  

How big is your list?  Does 40 seem crazy or normal?  Thanks in advance. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Size of your shower invite list

• 40 doesn't seem crazy, but I have a really big family so maybe I'm not thinking clearly. I'm guessing my invite list will be about 50. 
  • 40 doesn't seem crazy at all to me. I have a large family and I was already asked for my list as well. There are 57 on it!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have about 40 too and 95% of those are family so I think that's normal if it's a combined shower.  I've been to showers with 75-100 before...those were italian showers at a banquet hall.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • There are 45 people on mine. This is my only shower.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since we have small immediate families, I have a shower list of about 30 people.  Twenty-five will probably attend.  I think 40 is very normal! 
  • I have about 40 people which includes my family and our friends. We are only having one shower and due to distance from DH's family MIL suggested we shouldn't invite his extended family because they would be unable to attend. MIL is flying up, ticket already purchased, and maybe FIL and BIL will as well.
  • We are doing a couple's shower and our list is around 40.  I have a very small family and DH's family all live far away so mostly friends on our list.  40 seems average.  I threw a baby shower last year for my BFF and there were 86 guests invited.  Luckily only about 1/2 showed up and it was a great sized party.  She had lots of gifts and everyone mingled and had a great time.  The group was really too big to successfully do any games though.  I don't know if you are planning any, but thought that might help.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I think I'm at 30 and I think half that will show.
  • I also have about 40 on my invite list, but about 1/2 of those are out-of-town family members, so I only expect about 15-20 to actually show up.
    imageimageimage
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • Nope... I've got 35 on my invite list and expect around 30 to show.
  • I will have several showers. My work one will be whoever shows up from my current school, past school, and the deaf and hard of hearing dept in the county. The one I will have any say in will have 20 or less bc there are so few girls on my side of the family. I am going to ask my aunt if I can invite some friends so like 10 will be friends and 10 family.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have 40 is on my list. :)

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • imageSmiley-1980:
    I've been to showers with 75-100 before...those were italian showers at a banquet hall.

Wow.  OK, I won't worry about my 40 then!  That helps me to put things into perspective a bit.   

• My mom has at least 30 people on my shower list for back home. I will probably have at least 25 for my shower down here.
    imageimage BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm having 2 showers. One is for around 30 (and I'm expecting about 20 for that one). The other invite list is around 50 (and I'm expecting 35-40 for that one). We both have large families and a large number of friends who want to celebrate with us...
  • That seems like a normal number to me. That's about how many I currently have on my guest list, but I know that probably half of them won't be able to attend.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Doesn't seem too large to me! I also have a huge family so I'm probably going to have around 50-60 people coming. lol. 
  • I honestly haven't made my list yet, but my guess is that it will have 40, possibly 50, guests or so. I don't think they'd ALL show up though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• My mom is in charge of the guest list (besides a few friends of mine the rest are all family) and she plans to invite 35-40 so I don't think that number seems crazy at all. I expect about 30 to come because my family all lives in the same area! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm not Italian but we both have giant families such is funny since he is an only child and I only have one sibling so our list is in the 75 to 100 range. That's only inviting about 4 or 5 friends. And the biggest reason is we're both really close with our extended family our parents' cousins and their kids and if we left anyone off of the list, they would be hurt. Giant shower it is!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• 40invites i expect about 25ppl to actually show up!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"