Success after IF

(Untitled)

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

Re: (Untitled)

• Heck no! If it happens on its own we save 20000 and we want more kids. We are being careful for the next 6 months...... Who am I kidding I'm too tired with twins to give it up. I had a complicated pregnancy so they does make me want to be a little careful for a couple months but after that bring it on. Plus bc makes me a crazy person
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It was hard to decide for us!  We tried on our own for 5 years so we were relatively certain that it was impossible.  I ebf'd for 6 months (continued to bf until 18 months)  and after doing research felt that was fairly decent protection.  We also used spermicide.  I was always on the look out for signs of Ovulation, AF and pregnancy but never got AF.  I did POAS few times.  We would have been happy with 2u2 at first, that was actually the plan.  But my OB suggested at least 6 months sicne I had a c/s and then we lost DH's benefits so we didn't want to be foolish.  I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own.  When DS was 15 months old I got AF all on my own for the first time in years.  I took it as a cue that my body was capable of having a cycle on it's own.  I went on cheap $5 bcp until August when we decided to casually TTC again because DH got a new job.

I always felt really sensitive to hormones before but with this bcp I didn't feel as moody etc.  Since not taking I do feel better, but that might also be coming with more financial security and getting to SAH again.  It took a few months for my body to figure it out.  I had crazy bleeding the first and second month. 

If we had had insurance or the money I might have thought about an IUD because at the time we weren't sure when we wanted to TTC again.  I was feeling conflicted about school and career goals for both of us.  But now we definitely want to TTC and I'm glad we didn't do something that only makes financial sense if you're certain about the time frame.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had pcos before having DS.  My cycles were 50-60 days sometimes longer.  post baby the longest cycle has been 40 days with some even being at 28 days!!!!  that said we still have the MFI so we haven't used any birth control at all......still in 2 years no suprise bfps ;(
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • On the rare occasion that we do the deed we are using condoms at least until I am done with school (5 more years:(  Then we will just see what happens.  We are perfectly fine being 2 and done but wouldn't mind trying for a girl.  I certainly don't want any more anytime soon though.  No hormonal BCP for me as it is migraine city, same with fertility treatments.  We are incredibly blessed with what we have and just see no reason to put ourselves through that again.
  • Since I have endo, I decided to go on BCP after I stopped BFing DDs (about 9 months) until we were ready to do a FET.  I didn't do anything for a year after our failed FET and before we did another IVF cycle.  After this pg, I'm guessing I'll go back on BCP after BFing to help control endo to decide if we're done or want any more (we have 6 frozen). 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Assuming this pregnancy continues in a good path, I likely won't go on BC after the birth.  I have a history of stroke (when I was a baby), and I'm over 35, so two big risk factors there.  I've never been pg before this (FET #2), so I doubt I will again without help, but I suppose we'll use condoms for awhile and then perhaps consider permanent BC.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• I laughed when my Dr asked if I wanted an rx for birth control. After 5 IVFs, I'd happily take a freebie!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

• I have Factor V Leiden and a Protein S deficiency, which means no hormonal BC for me!  Considering DHs numbers we aren't concerned about gettin KU on our own - it just isn't going to happen.  i know, never say never, but the chances are VERY slim.  If I do get KU then I guess we will reconsider when the time comes - after number 3 is born.
  • I've decided not to.  Since my LO was just born 2 wks ago, I know there is the 6 week waiting period.  Also - we are breastfeeding, so I know that will be a natural method to start.  Kennedi was from IVF and she is our first - as long as its like 6 months down the line, I wont mind getting pregnant again.  My RE has always said that the birth control is what tipped the scales and made my PCOS more obvious hence making it harder to get pregnant.
  • Nope.  I'm hoping and praying like mad that I'll be one of those women to get KU "naturally" after IVF!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"