Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: (Untitled)

• I regret asking this now.  Thank you to all who answered with non-snarky remarks. 

Girls, remember, not everyone on this board is an expert on these issues. I'm just feeling out the waters when it comes to these things.  If I were not patient, I wouldnt have asked this question, just scheduled the test.  I didn't make an appointment to discuss infertility with my OB.  It happened to come up at my annual appt.

I know it could take up to a year to get pg normally.  I'm sure I am not the only person anxious because I'm not after almost 8 cycles, especially since I conceived my son so quickly. 

We are all on this board for a reason, we all have questions and concerns about TTC, thats why we are here.  There is absolutely no reason to get snarky.  That is all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagejszy10:
    imagelisamoe:

Would you suggest getting them now or giving things a little more time?  I'm pretty sure my insurance covers both.  I just am torn.  What was your time frames before getting these initial testings?

Honestly...I think it's just up to you.  My GYN told me that she thinks it is torture to make someone who wants to be pregnant like yesterday wait for 1 year to start looking into fertility help....and that is a breathe of fresh air to me.  What is the harm in getting testing down??  If something is wrong, I'd rather know now rather than after a year + of trying!!  (Mine did bloodwork after 4 months and found that I have results consistent with PCOS, which can cause issues with regularly O'ing and infertility.  I'm happy I know that now and not 8 months from now!)  You don't have to do anything with your testing results if you don't want, but at least you'll know!

Just my opinion...just being real!

Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • imagelisamoe:

I regret asking this now.  Thank you to all who answered with non-snarky remarks. 

Girls, remember, not everyone on this board is an expert on these issues. I'm just feeling out the waters when it comes to these things.  If I were not patient, I wouldnt have asked this question, just scheduled the test.  I didn't make an appointment to discuss infertility with my OB.  It happened to come up at my annual appt.

I know it could take up to a year to get pg normally.  I'm sure I am not the only person anxious because I'm not after almost 8 cycles, especially since I conceived my son so quickly. 

We are all on this board for a reason, we all have questions and concerns about TTC, thats why we are here.  There is absolutely no reason to get snarky.  That is all.

You are welcome, and I agree.  It honestly does shock me when people are so 'hasty' on here.  I just ignore it and listen to those who want to help and give sympathetic answers.  I mean for heaven sakes, these girls went and searched for my posts so they could bash other things I have said!!  hahaha, it actually makes me laugh!!  Every DR and every person is different, so I really do feel like if your DR is taking the go-ahead to schedule the tests, then they obviously feel like its ok to go ahead with it.

Good luck and take care hun!

I

ME - 31, DH - 40

Married 06/25/2011, TTC since 03/2012

BFP #1 on 11/13/12 -- EDD 7/24/13 -- M/C (CP) on 11/21/12

BFP #2 on  7/21/13 -- EDD 3/29/14 -- M/C (CP) on 7/31/13

09/4/13 - 4/16/14 -- IUI #1 - 6 = BFNs :(

7/13/14 -- IVF #1 w/ ICSI

ER on 7/26/14 -- 20 R, 15 M, 11 F

ET on 7/31/14 -- 1 transferred (4bb); 8 frosties!!!

BFP #3 on 8/8/14 -- EDD 04/18/15

BETA #1:  473,  BETA #2: 1009, BETA #3: 1975

** It's a BOY!!! **

image    image 

• imagejszy10:
    imagelisamoe:

I regret asking this now.  Thank you to all who answered with non-snarky remarks. 

You are welcome, and I agree.  It honestly does shock me when people are so 'hasty' on here.  I just ignore it and listen to those who want to help and give sympathetic answers.  I mean for heaven sakes, these girls went and searched for my posts so they could bash other things I have said!!  hahaha, it actually makes me laugh!!  Every DR and every person is different, so I really do feel like if your DR is taking the go-ahead to schedule the tests, then they obviously feel like its ok to go ahead with it.

I

Your board posts show up on your bump profile, no one searched anything.

You seriously jumped the gun at your doctors. And you still need to have further testing to determine if you have anything going on at all. I still want to know what your b/w was and on what day to make your doctor conclude you had PCOS. Especially with your history and no u/s.

lisa- I didn't comment on your OP because I think PP's said it all. If you're not having any other issues with your cycles and it's just taking a little longer than you thought, it really doesn't warrant any testing until 1 year. I totally understand that you're anxious but you try not to worry and borrow trouble. Good luck. :)

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejszy10:
    imagelisamoe:

You are welcome, and I agree.  It honestly does shock me when people are so 'hasty' on here.  I just ignore it and listen to those who want to help and give sympathetic answers. I mean for heaven sakes, these girls went and searched for my posts so they could bash other things I have said!!  hahaha, it actually makes me laugh!!  Every DR and every person is different, so I really do feel like if your DR is taking the go-ahead to schedule the tests, then they obviously feel like its ok to go ahead with it.

I

Bahahaha.

Excuse me.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Finally a newb who just comes out and says it for us. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • My testing was done earlier than 1 year because my cycles were 50-100 days... and anovulary. My doctor was concerned and scheduled the HSG, which showed 2 blocked tubes - and then a Lap&Dye. However, if I had been having fairly regular cycles ( I would have considered under 60 days "normal", or if I had been ovulating), I would have waited until the 1 year mark, without a doubt. So, in your case - hold out for 1 year. A lot of women end up pregnant between 7-12 months of TTC! Good Luck.

ETA - fixed some poor punctuation! 

TTC#2 Since July 2011
    Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
    CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
    12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
    Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
    Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
    Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
    Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
    Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
    Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
    MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

• imagejszy10:
    My GYN told me that she thinks it is torture to make someone who wants to be pregnant like yesterday wait for 1 year to start looking into fertility help....and that is a breathe of fresh air to me. 

First of all, it's breath of fresh air, not breathe. You're welcome. 

Second of all, you know what would feel like a breath of fresh air? Not being a wannabe-infertile who not only (1) has a child, but (2) has been trying for significantly less than a year.

Impatience is not a fertility issue, and I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for you, OP. Put on your big girl panties, spend time with the kid you already have, and come back in 5 months once you've been trying for a year.

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageLollipopsAndCrisps:

imagejszy10:
    My GYN told me that she thinks it is torture to make someone who wants to be pregnant like yesterday wait for 1 year to start looking into fertility help....and that is a breathe of fresh air to me. 

First of all, it's breath of fresh air, not breathe. You're welcome. 

Second of all, you know what would feel like a breath of fresh air? Not being a wannabe-infertile who not only (1) has a child, but (2) has been trying for significantly less than a year.

Impatience is not a fertility issue, and I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for you, OP. Put on your big girl panties, spend time with the kid you already have, and come back in 5 months once you've been trying for a year.

Hey Lolli- 

This chick and the OP are two different people. Though, they are both BSC for wanting to borrow problems and become wannabe- infertile(s) =/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had blood tests and my DH had an SA done at 6 months of trying. His came back really low so we had to seek help from and RE. I am so glad I found out then instead of trying for 12 months and then being in the same place. With his numbers we were given a 1% chance of conceiving on our own. 

An HSG is a little premature, but I don't see any problem with getting bloodwork and an SA.  

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• I don't know, why risk contributing to the downfall of our healthcare system?  It's all going down the tubes because of people like you!   ::rolls eyes::

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"