Parenting

I'm going to start posting my political stuff on The Nest

On the Politics and Current Events board since it's deader than a doornail and the people that do post there are not people who usually post here so it'll be a different POV. 

Also, so that I don't clog this board with politically stuff so we can continue to discuss hot dudes and who is the latest troll and why fruit pies are an abomination to God. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm going to start posting my political stuff on The Nest

• But I love when you put down idiot Republicans with smart comments and realistic views!
  • lol!

You guys should join me over there until Nov. 7th then.  Or beyond of things go poorly, i.e. Romney wins. 

• Loading the player...
  • At least link the interesting threads! And pass us all the fruit pies, blasphemer. And just because, this is for you:

Two Doctor Who cosplayers at Dragoncon

• OMG.  That one guy really looks like Matt Smith!
  • Eh, the previous pic wasn't great, so I brought you this instead.

• Excuse me.

I need to go change my panties. 

• ::passes baby wipes::

Yeah, I couldn't believe how much those two actually looked like the actors. Now I really want to go to a Dr Who convention.

• imageMollusksWrangler:
    Did you watch Who last night? If so, Oswin is supposed to be the new companion. That should be interesting.

I have to go stream it. DS said it was good, but no details!!

• MW - NO! A good friend sent me a couple of links but one didn't work and the other had this hugh jass chat ribbon right next to the screen and they were spoiling up that biitch like whoa.

I haven't been able to find any other streams for it.  Sad panda. 

• We can't afford The Cable right now otherwise it would be on like Donkey Kong. 

I'm hoping Netflix can get it soon after the season is over. 

• Fez, I was going to ask if you can get CBC off the rabbit ears, but they haven't said when they'll play the next season. I think they're very behind.
  • imageFezzesAreCool:

lol!

You guys should join me over there until Nov. 7th then.  Or beyond of things go poorly, i.e. Romney wins. 

• imagegrr_aargh:
    imageFezzesAreCool:

lol!

• imagegsteph88:
    Hi, I'm gsteph, and I disapprove of this message.

Apple pie.

• imageBostonKisses2:
    I think I may take you up on this and join you over there.  I'm sure there will be some interesting threads.

Same.  I know people get annoyed with political discussions, but it's kind of a big deal.  I would feel so out of the loop if I didn't debate politics semi-frequently.

• imageFezzesAreCool:
    On the Politics and Current Events board since it's deader than a doornail and the people that do post there are not people who usually post here so it'll be a different POV.nbsp;
    Also, so that I don't clog this board with politically stuff so we can continue to discuss hot dudes and who is the latest troll and why fruit pies are an abomination to God.nbsp;

Please don't. I am in no way articulate enough to participate over there. And your posts always help me talk politics more calmly IRL.
  • imageshannonmur:
    imageFezzesAreCool:
    On the Politics and Current Events board since it's deader than a doornail and the people that do post there are not people who usually post here so it'll be a different POV.nbsp; Also, so that I don't clog this board with politically stuff so we can continue to discuss hot dudes and who is the latest troll and why fruit pies are an abomination to God.nbsp;
    Please don't. I am in no way articulate enough to participate over there. And your posts always help me talk politics more calmly IRL.

The articulate jumped the shark in the mass exodus. It's all neocon idiotcrazy over there now.

• imageablou:

imageshannonmur:
    imageFezzesAreCool:
    On the Politics and Current Events board since it's deader than a doornail and the people that do post there are not people who usually post here so it'll be a different POV.nbsp; Also, so that I don't clog this board with politically stuff so we can continue to discuss hot dudes and who is the latest troll and why fruit pies are an abomination to God.nbsp;

The articulate jumped the shark in the mass exodus. It's all neocon idiotcrazy over there now.

I lurk on proboards all the time, but it's hard to get a word in edgewise over there.  I'm hoping we can draw out some good political debates on TN.

I'm not hopeful it'll happen like that, tho. 

• imageablou:

imageshannonmur:
    imageFezzesAreCool:
    On the Politics and Current Events board since it's deader than a doornail and the people that do post there are not people who usually post here so it'll be a different POV.nbsp;
    Also, so that I don't clog this board with politically stuff so we can continue to discuss hot dudes and who is the latest troll and why fruit pies are an abomination to God.nbsp;

So you're saying my liberal rantings are needed? Lol
  • I never realized how angry JulieFe was until she started posting as AB. 
  • I'll come over. Unless I'm like that socially awkward friend that you once you get to the party with the cool kids immediately regret inviting and desperately need to distance yourself from.

This is my siggy. Love it.

• It's bad over there.  It's a lot of right wingers and one very angry former reg.  They keep saying they want to have a real political discussion but any questions or comments by liberals are ignored and/or ridiculed. 

LOMFL. 

• Sad about this. I'm going to miss all the politics!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm starting to have second thoughts now.  I thought it would be more interesting to discuss with others, but they don't seem to want to discuss anything but how awesome Romney is. 

Sad panda. 

• I think it'd be fun to post over there and get into it a but with the Conservatives. There aren't many here willing to speak out and the ones that do are pretty tame, lol.

I'm not a good debater, though...maybe if you post more on Tuesday when people are back at work some of our better-spoken posters can partake and help get things going.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegsteph88:
    imageFezzesAreCool:

I'm starting to have second thoughts now.  I thought it would be more interesting to discuss with others, but they don't seem to want to discuss anything but how awesome Romney is. 

Sad panda. 

See, what you do is, you run over there, litter their board with "OBAMA FTW!" and then leave bread crumbs to Parenting. They follow you back and we start an epic political war in which Romney still loses.

I like this plan of action much better. I'll start if you'd like. 

Holy crap, that sounds like fun. Ambush! Should I wear my I <3 Tommy Douglas pin? 

• imagegimmietimmies:
    imagegsteph88:
    imageFezzesAreCool:

I'm starting to have second thoughts now.  I thought it would be more interesting to discuss with others, but they don't seem to want to discuss anything but how awesome Romney is. 

Sad panda. 

See, what you do is, you run over there, litter their board with "OBAMA FTW!" and then leave bread crumbs to Parenting. They follow you back and we start an epic political war in which Romney still loses.

Holy crap, that sounds like fun. Ambush! Should I wear my I <3 Tommy Douglas pin? 

So shall we put this on the agenda for Tuesday? Tomorrow being Labor Day and all may not be as much fun. 

This is my siggy. Love it.

• imageVenus04d:
    imagegimmietimmies:
    imagegsteph88:
    imageFezzesAreCool:

Sad panda. 

So shall we put this on the agenda for Tuesday? Tomorrow being Labor Day and all may not be as much fun. 

Hells yeah! I'm off work all week, what am I going to do, clean? I need a little amusement. 

• Eeeee, someone just said "Obama's birth certificate authenticity is highly questionable."  I'm too sane for this shi*t.  

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/68457706.aspx

• Ooh I am excited for this! I miss action over on P&CE. Not that I ever posted, but I lurked when this place was dull.
  • (havent read other responses, and dont have time to) 

No, that is not acceptable. We tend to be a somewhat political board. You must continue to post your political shiit here, and you can xp links over there if you really must.

/gavel

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imagegimmietimmies:

Eh, the previous pic wasn't great, so I brought you this instead.

Yum!!!

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imageVenus04d:
    imagegimmietimmies:
    imagegsteph88:
    imageFezzesAreCool:

Sad panda. 

Wednesday, please. We need a day of normal bumping before starting the cray cray.

Also, lets do it by going over there and saying that Romney is a fuckings bigot and should go back to Mexico.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imageKitiara5512:
    imagegimmietimmies:

Eh, the previous pic wasn't great, so I brought you this instead.

Yum!!!

Uh huh! That's dessert. Found it on tumblr, someone had a list of hot Scottish actors. I melted. 

• You must stay here. 

I can't visit a board with Birthers on it.    

• I felt like this:

Me:  Hai! I would like to discuss politics nao.

Them: It would really be nice if we could have a good political discourse with the opposite side without it deteriorating into name-calling and cyber-bullying.

Me:  Cool! Let's do this thang!  I like Obama but I'm more leaning towards the Green Party this time around.

Them: ...

Me:  Ohhhhkaaaay.  I think Sandra Fluke is going to be an outstanding addition to the DNC speeches.

Them: She's a whiner.

Me:  Ok, why do you think that?

Them: ::Crickets::

It was happy fun times.  Really, it was. 

• imagegrr_aargh:

You must stay here. 

I can't visit a board with Birthers on it.    

Yeah, but the birthers also live with a ton of cats and have heated debates with their socks. Aren't they like a bunch of loud squawking chickens, loud, but relatively harmless in an annoying way? Or because they're like the headless variety, they keep going and you won't get a word in edgewise, and if you do you're talking to the wall. 

• Is forward&offthecliff a Parenting poster that made a new name to post over there?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsGoodkat:
    Is forward&offthecliff a Parenting poster that made a new name to post over there?

Hmmmm... that's a very interesting theory.  They are pretty fired up, and they did join right after we became aware of the board.   Do you think it's someone in particular?

• I'm still waiting for them to answer questions for reals, not just make random Sisugal-style statements of opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"