Georgia Babies

Re: (Untitled)

• P brought that stuff home all the time last year with scribbles and nonsense all over it or else the teacher had obviously helped her do it.  I think its just practice at 3 and no one really expects them to do it correctly.
  • No I haven't seen anything like that yet on my end. Seems a little advanced to me to, but I agree that I think they just give them things for practice and don't necessarily expect them to do it correctly. They still do a lot of colors, shapes, identifying letter and numbers type stuff at Cason's school.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • There have been a couple of activities in G's papers like that. I feel like its a bit much no matter how it's done. I'm not thrilled with the fact that my 3 yr old is "doing" worksheets that aren't developmentally appropriate IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • yes Nate brought this home last year.
  • Bailey did something like that last year. It was not a worksheet but these boards that have a picture on the left side and the kids have to pick which of the three pictures on the right side has the same beginning sound. In bailey's class the teacher would ask him what the picture was on the left then they would go through the pictures on the right to find the matching sound. It's kind of like what his speech therapist does with him and it's actually a good exercise to make sure kids are saying words correctly. Bailey has a habit of leaving sounds off of words so sometimes his teachers made up different sheets with the sounds he had trouble with. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Its definitely more of a beginning of kindergarten thing. At least I teach that at the beginning of kindergarten. Maybe the end of pre-k. I guess the teacher thinks he is super smart and can do it?! Talk to them about it! Mention that you taught these skills when you taught k and you dont think G is ready for that yet.
    Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagescarlet115:
    Its definitely more of a beginning of kindergarten thing. At least I teach that at the beginning of kindergarten. Maybe the end of prek. I guess the teacher thinks he is super smart and can do it?! Talk to them about it! Mention that you taught these skills when you taught k and you dont think G is ready for that yet.

Lol! I don't think they think he's that smart. I think it's just what they do in center time. I am going to talk to them on Tuesday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My son's class is definitely working on identifying words that start with a certain letter, but they haven't started worksheets yet. Homework is supposed to start any day now, but It's optional. I don't know when we'll find the time for the worksheets. We have little enough play time before bed as it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"