2nd Trimester

Re: (Untitled)

• Wow.. congrats! Smile

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLadynikon:
    yes.  You can become pregnant with twins again.  I believe your chances get higher after one set.  I watched a show where the woman had 3 sets of twins.  

Seriously? Scared to get pg again now. O_O 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageyinyang124:

imageLadynikon:
    yes.  You can become pregnant with twins again.  I believe your chances get higher after one set.  I watched a show where the woman had 3 sets of twins.  

But I'm fairly certain this applies only to fraternals, as identicals are simply a genetic fluke while fraternals occur as a result of hyperovulation which can reoccur each month.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• imageSunglow28:
    imageyinyang124:

imageLadynikon:

But I'm fairly certain this applies only to fraternals, as identicals are simply a genetic fluke while fraternals occur as a result of hyperovulation which can reoccur each month.

Oy, I know this too. Thank you for catching my brain fart.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yep, so true.  My coworker had naturally occuring triplets, a fraternal triplet and identical twins in there.  Her doctor told her she would most likely conceive multiples again.  And she is hoping to!  Only next time she wants twin girls.  Yikes.  Congrats on your news. 
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If your first set were fraternal and these ones appear to be di/di as well, your ovaries are probably just little egg releasing machines :) 

At least you get to know what to expect right out of the gate this time around! 

image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• If your first set of twins are fraternal, then it is expected that you may conceive twins again because you have a tendency to release more than one egg at a time.  If they are identical and these are identical, then that is pretty rare.  If you have one set of each type of twins, I would think that would be quite rare as well.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would guess that it depends on your definition of "normal". If you define normal as the majority, then no, it is not "normal", though I don't think it would be classified as "abnormal" either. However it is exciting! If you have not had IF treatments they may not have checked to see if you release more than one egg in your average cycle. Are your twins fraternal?  I release two quite often, and that could be the reason you have two sets of twins. Whatever the case, congratulations on your LO's.
    Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • While I don't know how "normal" it is, it's definitely awesome. Congratulations! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• It's definitely possible. My mom's good friend is from a family with 9 kids. One singleton followed by 4 consecutive sets of twins. The Guiness book actually scouted them but their parents refused to put them in because they wanted them to have a normal childhood. Oh, and she was born in the 50s, so her mother never knew for sure if it was twins until she delivered! As adults all 9 of them are really close!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats! I work with a woman who had two sets of identical twins even though I know identicals are flukes. She joked that her eggs are super eggs and just like to split. Needless to say after 5 boys she is done trying out of fear she will have another set of twins!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"