April 2012 Moms
Options

Baby gifts you hate

For some reason, people keep buying us this onesie that says "My mommy is exhausted". Do I look that tired??? I'm getting on average 7 hours of sleep! It's a dumb shirt and I will only use it if Andy somehow craps or pukes on everything he owns.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby gifts you hate

• Options
    Ew, I hate shirts/onesies like that. Someone gave us one that said "Lil Stinker." Hope the kid who picks it up in Goodwill will find some use for it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hate any and all Whinnie the Pooh things.  And DH's family LOVES them, and gives me alllll kinds of things.  I have to act like I love the gifts, then it goes in the closet never to see the light of day again.  So.... the person Elfster chose for me may be getting a ton of Whinnie the Pooh crap.  lol

ETA: Wow, I sound really ungrateful. Tongue Tied I do appreciate his family thinking of us, and getting us items for our baby - so please don't think that! Maybe I should have DH tell them, please no more Whinnie the Pooh.

image""> Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMarie509:
    I hate any and all Whinnie the Pooh things.nbsp; And DH's family LOVES them, and gives me alllll kinds of things.nbsp; I have to act like I love the gifts, then it goes in the closet never to see the light of day again.nbsp; So.... the person Elfster chose for me may be getting a ton of Whinnie the Pooh crap.nbsp; lol

This! SIL bought a bunch of tigger clothes. They are shoved in the back of the closet, tags still attached.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Guys you gotta return that stuff! If someone gives me a onesie like that it gets returned immediately! Unless the dang tags are cut off ::I'm lookin at you, MIL::
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options
    MIL gets me a lot of orange clothes for ds, and not like a cute burnt Orange but a HELLO! I'm Orange sort of orange. And she gets separates. They can be cute, but I like onsies since they don't ride up nonstop like a t-shirt does on a baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mil has a habit of finding out I like something or a color and buys it no matter what it is. L's room is purple with butterflies. She buys anything with it. Like mostly decorations. I have no room to hang or display this stuff besides some of it is ugly. She got these really nice picture frames but she got 5 of them. I don't like when people try to decorate my house. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

imagegisa886:
    Guys you gotta return that stuff! If someone gives me a onesie like that it gets returned immediately! Unless the dang tags are cut off ::I'm lookin at you, MIL::

MIL got us a ton of cheap onesies from Dollar General that have sayings on them. I hate onesies with sayings like, "what happens at grandmas stays at grandmas". Um, no thank you! And all the tags were taken off so there was no returning them. They are just in a pile to donate. I also dislike winnie the pooh stuff. The only thing we got that was winnie the pooh was a towel and teether. I was able to deal with that but clothes or anything else, no thanks! We also got like 3 diaper bags. I only use the one that my mom got me off my registry. The other one I keep at my moms to keep extra clothes, wipes, etc in. The other went straight to goodwill. It was like one of those bags you get from the hospital witha  can of formula.

• Options

Someone gave us a baby comforter... yes that's right a comforter. WTF? I wouldn't use a thick blanket like that until he was at least 2 probably and it's white so I would have to buy a duvet for it. 

Terrible, horrible gift.  

• Options

I hate the way my little guy looks in yellow.  We got a bunch of yellow items that were the type of thing you might buy for someone who is team green, not for a 4 month old boy.  Also, I love baby gap, but some of the stuff there is a little strange for my taste. 

Like Gisa said, that stuff all got returned to baby gap, and I splurged for some of the cute spiderman and batman clothes that are way over priced.

I exchanged this

For this

imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

This still stands out to me as the most bizarre and useless gift.  It is a pewter dumbbell rattle for H's uncle.  What is my kid supposed to do with this???

H suggested I send it to my secret elf, but I feel bad getting rid of it.

imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagefoozzle:

This still stands out to me as the most bizarre and useless gift.  It is a pewter dumbbell rattle for H's uncle.  What is my kid supposed to do with this???

Jake has a solid silver rattle just like that. It was dh's rattle as a baby; his grandmother bought it for him. Jake absolutely loves it.  

imageimageimage
  • Options
    For me it would be all of the winter clothing we received in a size 3-6 and 6-9 months. I am grateful for it, but please do the math people. He was born in April and we live in inland so cal. These past couple of weeks it has been 105+! My baby won't be wearing long sleeves or micro fleece pjs in may, June, July, August, September, and possibly even in October.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageMarie509:

I hate any and all Whinnie the Pooh things.  And DH's family LOVES them, and gives me alllll kinds of things.  I have to act like I love the gifts, then it goes in the closet never to see the light of day again.  So.... the person Elfster chose for me may be getting a ton of Whinnie the Pooh crap.  lol

I also hate Winnie the Pooh.  DH's aunt got a dress for M with Pooh on it.  I had to pretend to like it.  LUCKILY this was during the time where MIL was keeping some of the gifts at her place for "when she watched the baby."  I just went back to work, and M is almost 5 months old.  I believe that Pooh dress was either a newborn or size 0-3, so M never had to wear it and I'm pretty sure it won't fit at this point ;-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Size 9 month summer clothes. We live in Calgary S will be 9 months in January...it is fing cold in January!!! Seriously it isn't that hard to figure out!!
    PS I love Winnie the Pooh stuff .... but only classic pooh.
  • Options

imageChristina_Diane:
    For me it would be all of the winter clothing we received in a size 3-6 and 6-9 months. I am grateful for it, but please do the math people. He was born in April and we live in inland so cal. These past couple of weeks it has been 105+! My baby won't be wearing long sleeves or micro fleece pjs in may, June, July, August, September, and possibly even in October.

Ugh yes. MIL bought a ton of stuff for A in jan and feb. I told her it was winter stuff but she just kept arguing with me that the baby needs to be warm. Umm no she does not need to wear a fleece blanket in July.

My hated gift is blankets. And we've received them from people who know I knit. I've already made blankets for her that are better than anything you could find in a store. And all the ones I get are fleece with satin edges. Sooo not my style. 

PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Options

My MIL bought a onesie in 6-9 months that says "Just arrived".  She also cuts the tags off everything.  I'm gonna feel weird putting a "just arrived" onesie on my 9 month old baby because, well, she's been around for 9 months...

I also got a pewter cup set (for DS) that I will never use).  And I hate Pooh as well. 

• Options
    imagejkfranklin:

My MIL bought a onesie in 6-9 months that says "Just arrived".  She also cuts the tags off everything.  I'm gonna feel weird putting a "just arrived" onesie on my 9 month old baby because, well, she's been around for 9 months...

I also got a pewter cup set (for DS) that I will never use).  And I hate Pooh as well. 

Lol put her in it and freak people out! "Oh yes, she just came last week, but look at her amazing head control, ability to sit up (possibly crawl), etc."

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options

I completely agree with the Pooh thing- I can't stand it. It annoys me most when i see people with Winnie the Pooh diaper bags...like, the diaper bag is not for the baby to play with, so why would you get one with characters on it??

Anyways, at my baby shower someone got me two onesies- BOTH with the tags cut off- one said 'Kiss me!' and had a huge frog on it, the other said '100% Homemade by Mom and Dad'. Ugh! I don't want people thinking of me and DH gettin it on when they look at my baby! The girl who bought them for me said she had let her 10 year old son pick out what to get me as a gift. Really? The were sent to day care for back up only if she puked and pooped on everything else she had there.

• Options
    I really don't like people giving us clothes in general, because aside from my mom and a couple of friends, most people don't have the same style that we do. I don't want words on the girls' clothes, like, at all. So when we get packs of onesies, we keep the word free ones and donate the other ones. Everyone knows their Mama and Daddy love them. Their shirt doesn't need to say so.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

• Options
    imagegisa886:
    imagejkfranklin:

Lol put her in it and freak people out! "Oh yes, she just came last week, but look at her amazing head control, ability to sit up (possibly crawl), etc."

lol

I agree with the pooh stuff, as well as a lot of the sayings on onesies.  A couple, if they are witty and clever are ok, but I am extremely picky.  The onesies she wears to bed include: "daddy's princess and lil princess"  She wears the ones I don't like to bed.  

Very recently, though, I received a text from mil to let Lana know about the "steals" she got, which included a Green Bay Packer dress outfit.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a lot of people may like that.  I realize I'm probably the minority.  I was looking for a cute thing for her to wear during packer games, such as a hair bow or a simple onesie.  I had seen those dresses and was not a fan for a few reasons: I think they're way over the top, and I want her to look like a fan, not a cheerleader.  If dh and I were the kind of people that wore packer pants, hats, shirts, all day everyday come season or if I was more of a girly girl, I may like it, but neither of those things are the case.  A lot of the other girlier items have definitely grown on me, so maybe I'll change my mind...   otherwise, she will get her picture taken at came time, and then it will come off, unless the il's are around.. then I suppose she'll wear it.  I hope we won't have to be in public any of those times...

• Options

Wow, lots of Winnie the Pooh hate. I love Winnie the Pooh and buy Zoe stuff with those characters on it myself.

I hate all the pink stuff that we got. Red heads don't looks good in bubble gum pink and Zoe is no exception. She wears pink when her other clothes need to be washed, but I'm really dreading when she's big enough for all the hand me downs my FIL sent that are in like 12 months. My H doesn't want to buy new clothes if we already have some and it's ALL pink. 

-------------------------------------
  • Options
    I went through a Winnie the Pooh phase when I was 11/12. He was popular to pre teens. I fine with cute stuff, but I don't think I would buy my son clothes with it on it. I got gifts from people like warm fuzzy bear outfits, but they were 6 month sizes. I don't think a lot of people realize that that means 3-6 months, Ds grew out of those sizes over a month ago so it doesn't really matter anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageChristina_Diane:
    imagefoozzle:

Jake has a solid silver rattle just like that. It was dh's rattle as a baby; his grandmother bought it for him. Jake absolutely loves it.  

We got a keepsake rattle for L too. They can play with them, but they are also an heirloom. My brother gave L a vintage teething ring/rattle from the 1920's with his monogram on it. I love it.

I agree with the clothes, but I try to really be grateful that someone thought of us enough to buy and pick something out for L. I don't return some of the things that aren't my style, though. The onesies with the text on them --I just use as pajamas. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. I love pooh, but not on a diaper bag.  

2. Ernie, I really love you.  I keep putting the onesies with words on them aside.  I hate the "I love mommy/daddy" ones, but I DETEST ones that say "bananas over mommy" or "daddy's MVP."  

3. I'm weird and hate terrycloth sleepers.  They feel funny on my fingers. 

• Options
    My MIL supplies us with clothes that have phrases about aunts, uncles, grandma, and grandpa. I HATE clothes with stupid sayings and if I wanted them to brag about how much they love their relatives or get away with things I would buy it myself. Just a few weeks ago we got an entire bag of clothes from MIL and every last item had something about grandma, grandpa, aunt, or uncle on it. I purposely never dress them in these clothes ever and especially when we see them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't STAND getting baby clothes from the gift-giver's college or favorite sports team.  We have at least four items like this.  Hello!  Neither DH or I went to your school, nor do we like your sports team.  What are these people thinking??
  • Options

I don't mind all onesies with words on them, but I don't like ones that are negative.  I hate stuff that says "Troublemaker," "Little Monster," etc.

Also, I smiled at all the Pooh hate.  DS is OBSESSED with his stuffed Winnie the Pooh right now.  At every.single.meal Pooh must also be strapped into DD's high chair and wearing a bib, with a sippy cup on the tray.  He also has to be wearing a diaper at naptime and before bed :) 

• Options

My mom went nuts and I also received a lot of clothes from showers such that I have had to buy no clothes whatsoever. It makes me somewhat upset. It is my baby but how can I get rid of a closet full of clothes? So we deal with it. It is not as if I hate all the clothes but they are almost exclusively all carter's or something my mom got off of zuilily or some other site like that. I hate those sites b/c of this and never go on them:(

I did make her get rid of a lot before the baby was born too...but whatever, I am starting to stress over it just typing this. Uggghhhh 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"