Military Families

Re: (Untitled)

• imageLyseeH:

All soldiers are required to write them before deployments it goes in their files with all the rest of the just in case paperwork. My husband has written 3 but he doesn't take them seriously and puts some strange stuff in there, but thats just his personality. His funeral arrangement requests were just appauling but consistant everytime. *shrugs* I've read the letters from the past 2 deployments afterwards and this past deployment we had a very serious incident where he realized its not really as much of a light hearted things as he makes it out to be. Sometimes its nice in all his insanity to read what he had to say. I wont lie, even if its a bit morbid.

That's not true.  There are a lot of things that are required, and this is not one of them.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hahaha, I just asked my husband if he was required to do this and he burst out laughing.  

OP, to answer your question, I'd probably want to read it and probably wouldn't.  But if I did read it, I'm sure I would wish I hadn't.  I generally regret finding out stuff that isn't "need to know."

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLyseeH:

All soldiers are required to write them before deployments it goes in their files with all the rest of the just in case paperwork. My husband has written 3 but he doesn't take them seriously and puts some strange stuff in there, but thats just his personality. His funeral arrangement requests were just appauling but consistant everytime. *shrugs* I've read the letters from the past 2 deployments afterwards and this past deployment we had a very serious incident where he realized its not really as much of a light hearted things as he makes it out to be. Sometimes its nice in all his insanity to read what he had to say. I wont lie, even if its a bit morbid.

You must be thinking of another form....they aren't required to write "death letters" (which sounds awful as it is) but there is a form that needs to be filled out that asks for contact information, if you'd like to notified only between 8a-5p or at any hour in the night, if you would want their possessions cleaned or "as is" if you would want to be present when the decreased arrives via plane, and it also asks if the servicemember wants a military funeral or not. 

Maybe that's what YH was talking about? The form was actually given straight to me, so I think (don't quote me) that it needs to be filled out and signed by both the servicemember and the spouse. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope my husband has written a letter each deployment to family and friends incase anything has happened, he told me it was required, but then again that might be his excuse to be a morbid weirdo to write one each time who knows. Thanks though guys for letting me know more! I tend to just say ok dear when he tells me things because in all reality I am not as involved as I should be but only because we have had bad expierances with all the frg and things like that because of the snarky drama that I refuse to deal with lol. =) thanks for the infoooooo!
  • imageLyseeH:
    Nope my husband has written a letter each deployment to family and friends incase anything has happened, he told me it was required, but then again that might be his excuse to be a morbid weirdo to write one each time who knows. Thanks though guys for letting me know more! I tend to just say ok dear when he tells me things because in all reality I am not as involved as I should be but only because we have had bad expierances with all the frg and things like that because of the snarky drama that I refuse to deal with lol. =) thanks for the infoooooo!

That is very strange.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"