Babies: 6 - 9 Months

(Untitled)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (Untitled)

• imagejgallegos0316:
    i have been dealing with this too since school has started back and my  lo is back at the sitter. He too wakes at 6 am and is in bed by 7/730. I have found the last two days that he gets fussy around 6pm, but if i give him his bath then that sort of revives him for another 45 minutes or so.instead of waiting to bath him right before bedtime. it makes making the bedtime a little easier.
  • imagejgallegos0316:
    i have been dealing with this too since school has started back and my  lo is back at the sitter. He too wakes at 6 am and is in bed by 7/730. I have found the last two days that he gets fussy around 6pm, but if i give him his bath then that sort of revives him for another 45 minutes or so.instead of waiting to bath him right before bedtime. it makes making the bedtime a little easier.

Thanks I'm going to try a bath and see how that helps.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree. Start waking them at the same time every day. Also, you might need to push their naps back a little bit. More like 9:3010:30 and 23 or however long your LO sleeps. Just end the last nap later. The goal is to have the last nap end at the right time to ensure a good early bedtime. Then I do the 4th bottle about 1015 mins before bedtime. He is almost always mins from being asleep when he's done.
    **Meagan** Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry about the mistakes. TB took out my dashes and parentheses for some reason.
    **Meagan** Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies,

I tried the bath once they started getting fussy  and that did seem to buy me an extra 15-20 minutes or so. Tomorrow I'll try pushing their naps back too and see if that gets me to atleast 6pm. I just hate feeding them at 5:30pm...I feel like if I have them out anywhere that cuts our time so short because they have to get home to bed by 6.

• imagekelleynb28:

Your schedule is quite similar to mine...except my LO goes to bed at 7:30. It might help you to wake them up at the same time every day so you can fit everything in. But trust me, I had the hardest time coming up with THE ONE that seems to work. And it took LO about 2 weeks to get used to it. Here it is:

7 am - Wake up and 8 oz bottle

8:30 am - Breakfast solids (yogurt, fruit puree and cherrios)

9 am - Nap #1

11 am - 8 oz bottle

12:30 pm - Lunch (veggie puree, fruit puree, cheese, puffs or rice rusks)

1 pm - Nap #2

3 pm - 8 oz bottle

4:30 - 5:00 pm - Possible catnap if driving

5:30 pm - Supper (veggie puree, fruit mixed with oatmeal cereal, puffs)

7:00 pm - 8 oz bottle and bed

LO sometimes gets fussy around supper time if he doesn't have a catnap or a good long afternoon nap. I try to take him for a walk or run and errand to keep his mind off of it.  

This is similar to our schedule (though we finish with solids, and do the final bottle before that), but the bolded catnap is important.  If we don't drive at that time, then we take her for a walk.  When you say the 20 minute catnap makes them not tired for bed,, what do you mean?  How late does it push bedtime back? 

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Oh, and we feed her a bottle at around 5:30 or 6, and then do real dinner at 6:30/7ish, and she loves eating solids so much that it keeps her up a little longer.  She used to go to bed right at 6:30, but now she can make it until 7 or 7:30 because she likes eating with us.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"