C-sections

I don't wanna!!! (whine/vent inside)

I am having a really hard time deciding between VBAC and RCS.  I have flipped sides so many times I can't even count!  

Ultimately tonight I realized 2 things.  #1 I want someone else to make this decision for me! (Although I know I'm ultimately the one who has to decide) and #2 I actually just don't want either choice lol!  I don't want surgery, but I don't want to try and fail with the vbac.  Honestly I just want someone to 'beam" the baby out of me!  I just don't wanna play the "important life decisions game" anymore!!  :/ 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I don't wanna!!! (whine/vent inside)

• I like the beaming idea too. 

I am opting for a RCS for our next LO. My recovery was great and easy IMO. I was up walking within 6 hours and felt good. I think I'm now afraid of the unknown with a VBAC.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • An idea--why not wait until your EDD to make the final decision? If you go into labor naturally by your EDD, attempt the VBAC. If you get checked at your EDD and you're 4cm wait it out another week before opting for the RCS. If you hit your EDD, you're not dilated at all and baby is still very high, go for the section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, VBAC has about a 70% success rate, so your chances of succeeding are pretty good.

I know what you mean, though - I'm leaning toward wanting a third kid, but the whole pregnancy/labor game isn't very much fun in general (no matter how the exit happens!).

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I would say it depends on why you had a C-Section in the first place. For me, my son was very big and would have gotten stuck, so this time around was an easy decision for me to choose another C-Section. I know what to expect and recovery was super easy the first time around. I hear the 2nd is even easier! Not to mention I get to plan ahead when baby will be born.  I hope this helps you make a decision :). GOOD LUCK!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't really have a choice which I think helped me. I was terrified of the unknown and my doc pretty much told me that at 36 weeks she was taking the baby out. I had to do a c section due to her being breech. I also had pre eclampsia. 

I honestly was so afraid and scared and once I was in the OR it flew by. And when I heard DD cry everything just fell away and she was all I wanted to concentrate on. The worst part for me honestly was the magnesium sulfate they had me on after my c section for seizure prevention for the pre eclampsia. I was in bed for 24 hours and it made me feel so weird. Thank goodness hubby stayed and took care of the baby because I couldn't. :(

Is the baby breech? Do you have a choice between c section and vaginal?  Whatever happens-- all will be okay! No worries. It's easier said than done. I understand but all I've had was a c section and I have no complaints. I would do it again.  

• imagemistresscox:

I am having a really hard time deciding between VBAC and RCS.  I have flipped sides so many times I can't even count!  

Ultimately tonight I realized 2 things.  #1 I want someone else to make this decision for me! (Although I know I'm ultimately the one who has to decide) and #2 I actually just don't want either choice lol!  I don't want surgery, but I don't want to try and fail with the vbac.  Honestly I just want someone to 'beam" the baby out of me!  I just don't wanna play the "important life decisions game" anymore!!  :/ 

I feel 100% the same way.  I change my mind every other day it seems.  Pretty sure I am driving my poor DH crazy. 

• I was watching a baby story last weekend with DH. This girl was screaming and trying to push out a baby and everyone was chanting around her. I kind of had this horrified look on my face. DH looked at me and laughed and said man I am glad we don't have to do that :)

we are RCS

• Relax. Don't make the decision. Let the baby help you make the best decision for you. If baby's healthy and show signs of heading towards a VBAC, go for it. If baby shows that he/she needs to come out the c/s way. Roll on in. If VBAC isn't progressing the way you and dr want it to, you can opt towards the c/s. You didn't fail, you made the decision that was best for you and your baby.

This is how all of us made the decision for our first c/s. No reason that it can't be that way for the 2nd.

• imagesunshinecr99:
    I would say it depends on why you had a CSection in the first place. For me, my son was very big and would have gotten stuck, so this time around was an easy decision for me to choose another CSection. I know what to expect and recovery was super easy the first time around. I hear the 2nd is even easier! Not to mention I get to plan ahead when baby will be born. nbsp;I hope this helps you make a decision :. GOOD LUCK!

I agree with this. My daughter was big 9lbs 1.5 oz and there was no way she was coming out of me down there. I will have a repeat c/s with my next one. I'm completely fine with the way things turned out with her. My recovery was good and I'm glad I don't have to labor all day or something. I just get to come in and have a baby within a few hours! I hope things go well for you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"