Cloth Diapering
Options

(Untitled)

"If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." Mark Twain

Re: (Untitled)

• Options

I CD my twins who are 3 1/2 months old and this is what I would say about doing that and what we did. 

1. I knew my limits and coming home with twins and washing a million diapers was not realistic for me.  I had a c-section (planned) so stairs were already going to be hard and my husband went back to work after two weeks so we used disposables until the babies were about 8 weeks and fit into the BG Freetimes.

2. Think about using BG Freetimes.  They are very similar to the 4.0s but NO stuffing.  The whole thing is just one piece, it has saved us so much time not having to stuff pieces.

3. We have 36 diapers, this ensures that we don't have to wash every day.  I usually wash them every 2-3 days, I also air dry all of mine so that takes overnight. We have one diaper pail and two liners so I can swap it out when I'm washing one.  

4. We also don't CD when we are out and about.  There is enough stuff we have to take to leave the house, I don't want to add all the extra supplies for two babies. We also use disposables at night, it cuts down on laundry.

I hope that helps a little bit.  I love CDing, way more than I thought I would but I have a real sense of satisfaction knowing that we aren't spending as much on diapers and not putting more in landfills! :)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

No twin-specific experience here, but PP touched on something important...BG 4.0s will not fit newborns so please make sure your friends realize this or they will be in for a frustrating, leaky start to cloth diapering! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you for the advice, I am going to see her in a couple of weeks so this will be great stuff to share.

Also I am lending her my newborn stash and I believe her cousin is lending her some newborns too. 

"If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." Mark Twain
  • Options
    I Cd my twins and wrote all about it at the link in my sig. She needs at least 36 pockets, probably more if she wants to wash EOD. Otherwise, it's really not that hard to CD twins. I don't find it burdensome in the least.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"