October 2012 Moms

Bed Rest At 34 Weeks..

Today my midwife put me on bed rest for at least 1-2 weeks. I have had BH contractions for about two weeks, and today when she checked my cervix, she told me I am already dilated 1cm, and 80% effaced. I hope my little guy stays put for just two more weeks AT LEAST! She also gave me a medication to that is supposed to help relax my uterus and slow any contractions, (nifedipine) but it won't do anything if I happen to go into preterm labor, I am really nervous about putting any medication into my body. Anyone going through anything like this? 

Re: Bed Rest At 34 Weeks..

• I am sorry you are having such a rough time. I would say nervous or not the baby is much safer in-utero than out so the medication is for the best. Try to enjoy taking it easy for a little while and hopefully this will all work out. GL!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • I don't have any experience with the medication, but I was put on bed rest for three weeks when I was 33w with DS because I was also dilated and effaced due to lots of contractions. I ended up very slowly progressing until I finally went into labor at 39w. Hopefully your LO will stay put too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same position, except a week ahead.  I went on bed rest (modified) at 35 weeks for the same reason.  BH everytime I stand/walk/move.  I've been told that at 37 weeks I can get up and move around because he'll be full-term at that point.  I haven't been checked for dilation yet...my next appointment is a week from today.  So we'll see if there's been any dilation.  

Hang in there.  Do what the doc suggests and keep that babe in there as long as you can!  :) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been on modified bedrest since 32 weeks due to contractions.  Most medications that they give pg women have been well tested.  I have taken lots of meds to stop contractions -p17, tributaline, magnesium - got to keep baby baking.  Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yes, I've been on bed rest since 13 weeks. I started procardia around the 22 ish week mark. Im also showing cervical change and hoping the babies stay put a bit longer.

Take it easy,rest up,and hopefully your LO listens. Good luck! 

• Hang in there and take it easy.

This makes me wonder what my doctor is going to say at my next appointment. Ever since my little car accident (very little) last Monday, my contractions have gotten a little more intense, and a lot more frequent. I had about 12 contractions in a half hour on Monday when I went into L&D after my accident, but she checked my cervix and nothing had changed, so they sent me home. I def noticed since then though, when I have BH, they are stronger than they used to be, and they happen every time I walk, clean the house, move a lot, have to pee, etc - I feel like I get them all day - Hmmm....

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • I am 34 weeks (35 on Monday) and am on bedrest until at least 36 weeks. When I went into the hospital earlier this week I was dilated to 1cm, 75% efaced and baby was at -1 already.

Just take it easy and try to relax a bit. That's what my DH keeps telling me :-} 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"