February 2013 Moms
Options

Pet peeves... go!

I am sure I will think of more, but I hate when people say (err...write/type?) "your welcome" rather than "you're welcome".

What is a pet peeve of yours?  It doesn't have to be grammar related, and it doesn't have to be just one! GO!!

Baby #1 Due 2/21/13!

Re: Pet peeves... go!

• Options
    This one might be met with some people getting upset, but I have to put it out there since when it happens I sit and just stew never saying anything to the people who are doing it.

Biggest pet peeve probably ever for me. When I go out for a nice dinner and some other table thinks it's ok to let their kids run around the restaurant or scream real loud. I don't know if this will change once I have a kid but it's my impression that when you go out you have to be considerate of the people around you, and not everyone loves watching kids run around tables and almost tripping waiters.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

Grammar, or when people on my facebook still SERIOUSLY type LiKe tHiS?? Rude, overly loud, obnoxious people...it's called professionalism, get some!

People who complain about EVERYTHING. Life is NOT that bad and if it is i'm sure you make it that way. People who think they are better than everyone else. When you're at a double laned drive thru and you get done before the person next to you but they still try and push in front on you.

Rude drivers, that feel that if they just get one or 2 cars ahead of you they are going to get to their destination 10x's faster and risk causing an accident in the process. Definitely chewing or talking with food in your mouth. YUCK. People that claimed to be my friends but now that I'm pregnant and can't partake in as much stuff now as I did before and I haven't heard from them in the last 4 months. Yeah a lot peeves me off now a days :-) lol

**********Matthew 1.8.06 - Connor 7.17.08 - Alexis 2.16.13 ************

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageByeByeBooze:

I'm right there with you on grammar errors. Spelling errors are also a pet peeve of mine.

Confession: If I see a post with glaring grammar and/or spelling errors, I seriously judge the poster. This is especially true in posts complaining about other people being dumb/rude/annoying. I understand a typo, but come on!

Haha I hear ya! I have an app on my phone for another pregnancy site and I read their Feb 2013 birth month posts, and it is bad! I have never even posted because I don't even feel like I live in the same world as most of them... I don't know where they learned to talk so good! <- completely intentional btw!! 

Baby #1 Due 2/21/13!
  • Options

1) Holding a door open for someone (to be nice) and not receiving a simple "thank you" or even a smile.

2) Hostile drivers

3) Store personnel who try to push the store credit cards on me even after I've politely declined.  No means no!

• Options

imageJackigan:
    imagejaimie68005:
    Grammar, or when people on my facebook still SERIOUSLY type LiKe tHiS?? Rude, overly loud, obnoxious people...it's called professionalism, get some! People who complain about EVERYTHING. Life is NOT that bad and if it is i'm sure you make it that way. People who think they are better than everyone else. When you're at a double laned drive thru and you get done before the person next to you but they still try and push in front on you. Rude drivers, that feel that if they just get one or 2 cars ahead of you they are going to get to their destination 10x's faster and risk causing an accident in the process. Definitely chewing or talking with food in your mouth. YUCK. People that claimed to be my friends but now that I'm pregnant and can't partake in as much stuff now as I did before and I haven't heard from them in the last 4 months. Yeah a lot peeves me off now a days : lol
    I think we could be very good friends!

Lol! Big Smile

**********Matthew 1.8.06 - Connor 7.17.08 - Alexis 2.16.13 ************

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

1. People who constantly complain about their problems, but take no steps to solve them. If you aren't going to make any effort to solve the problem, I don't want to hear about it!

2. People who complain to their children, either young or grown, about the child's other parent. Your child's other parent was YOUR choice, not the child's (and more often than not, I'm guessing if your kid had a choice, they wouldn't pick either one of you to be the parent).

MIL is soooo guilty of both of these...

Married 2/15/09, BFP #1 02/03/12 - EDD 10/13/12, Missed M/C 03/15/12@9w5d (measuring 8w3d) They weren't kidding when they said "Beware the Ides of March" Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 06/13/12 - Emily Samantha born on Feb 9, 2013!
  • Options
    People who let their dogs poop on our little bitty piece of yard and don't clean up after them. It's also the only part of our yard that gets any sun, and I'd love to try to grow tomatoes on it, but not knowing there's a risk of dog poop. :-( If I catch them at it, I go outside and say something like, "I really hope you're planning on picking that up." Usually they'll then pull out a bag and say, "Yes, of course!!" (as in: how could you ever think otherwise?!)

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    KD79KD79 member

I have LOTS and LOTS of pet peeves because I'm an impatient person.  ;-)

However, my #1 pet peeve is people that sniffle instead of blowing their nose.  It drives me right up a wall.  I have literally offered strangers a kleenex so that I don't have to hear them keep sniffling.  BLOW YOUR NOSE ALREADY! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I HATE when people cut their fingernails at work.  It happens way too often here.
  • Options

Grammar ....mmm yes but I?m really bad at spelling so it?s almost like pot calling kettle.

A rather large peeve of mine are those people who used to smoke and are now rabid anti-smokers. Just shut up will you? Everyone knows how bad it is for them there is no need for the high handed sermons. Just because you quit doesnt make you a better person. yes i used to smoke before DS and have since quit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKD79:

I have LOTS and LOTS of pet peeves because I'm an impatient person.  ;-)

However, my #1 pet peeve is people that sniffle instead of blowing their nose.  It drives me right up a wall.  I have literally offered strangers a kleenex so that I don't have to hear them keep sniffling.  BLOW YOUR NOSE ALREADY! 

Oh God yes!!! DH refuses to blow his nose - EVER!!!  When he has a cold I just have to leave the room as I?m almost driven to throttle him.

• Options

This turns me into an absolute witch.  This conversation just recently happened, and I'm pretty sure if my husband had been with me, he would've been embarrassed.

"Thanks for choosing McDonald's, order when you're ready."

"I'd like a small mocha frappe, a --"

"Is that all?"

"Um, no.  Plain cheeseburger Happy Meal with apples and an apple--"

"What to drink with the Happy Meal."

"Apple juice."

"Is that it?"

"No, that's not it!  I will tell you when I'm done! I also would like the spicy chicken bites combo with a Diet Coke...now...I'm done."

"[silence]"  Then a different person comes on and tells me to please pull to the first window.  

Rude!  I should probably just keep my mouth shut to avoid consuming another person's spit, but pregnancy has left me with a short fuse and a big mouth.

DD: 6/30/09. Mild pre-e DS: 9/5/10. Normal pregnancy Diagnosed 6/4/12 with dermatomyositis. Currently on Prednisone and IVIG therapy. 9/11/12: Normal a/s for DS2. No side effects from my medication, yay! DS2: 1/28/13. Thankful for healthy children! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

So many of my peeves have already been stated! We're all so like-minded today!

Here's one that I think is new but goes hand in hand with the poster who said she peeves over rude people at the drive thru. I absolutely can't stand (and don't understand) rude customer service personnel. When I get to the register and say "Hi How are you today?" and get a blank stare or glare back it just drives me nuts! And it happens a lot! I want to be like, "Hey! Part of your job entails being a friendly face for your employer! Get with the program!" And then I think "...maybe they're having a really hard time right now or just got bad news..." and feel bad about my reaction. But seriously, folks. How hard is it to be polite and kind in response to a friendly greeting. I usually "kill them with kindness" in return. "Well, I hope you have a glorious day, sir! Happy trails!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I blame my pet peeves on my mom lol.

The first one is right in line with everyone else...grammar or spelling mistakes. My mom and I text each other pictures of bad grammar or spelling mistakes we see in public. And, we secretly talk about friends and family on Facebook who post like they couldn't pass a 5th grade grammar test.

The second one is probably because I grew up close to my small town grandparents. As an adult I can't stand when children rspond with "ya" or "huh?" For me, it sounds so disrespectful. I would never require a "yes ma'am" but yes sounds so much better than "ya." I am probably the only one with this pet peeve haha...unless you are from a small, southern town.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Mine is tailgaters. GRRR! About 90% of my drive to and from work is on 2 lane, country roads with a 55mph speed limit.

I don't know what the heck is going on, but it seems like recently, I'll be following behind somebody who is going at least the speed limit and cars will come up behind me and be about a foot away from my bumper. Seriously?! There's no where for you to pass, we're already going the speed limit and tailing me is not going to make the car in front of me go any faster. It pisses me off to no end. I could seriously come to blows over this if it ever came down to it. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

My number one pet peeve is people who don't know how to clean up after themselves, especially when they're guests at someone else's house. We had DH's cousin stay with us for about 10 months. She completely trashed the carpet in the guest room and stained the walls. Now we have to repaint the room and replace the carpet. Why folks can't take care of other people's property is beyond me. Angry

Pet peeve number two is people who don't know how to wash dishes. I absolutely HATE seeing stains or crusted food on dishes that were apparently washed! Super Angry I would rather do the dishes myself!

Clearly, most of my pet peeves are hygiene related. Big Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I dont claim to be the smartest person in the world... lol, but it really gets on my nerves when people dont grasp simple concepts. I have had quite a few OMG!!! moments at work lately due to this.. I think they give me a pass due to me being pregnant. LOL
  • Options
    I also have issues with poor grammar and punctuation. I'm in the publishing industry, so this is a major one of mine. One of my major pet peeves is people who don't use their turn signals. Drives me batty! 
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options

When people chew gum with their mouth open and then proceed to talk while simultaneously chewing their gum.  ugghhhh! I hate it.

A new one of mine is when people ask if these twins were a fluke, if they run in my family,  if I was surpised, or the best being if they are natural. Just annoys me. I could never ask something so personal, but for some reason everyone feels the need to ask me these questions.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"