April 2013 Moms

Thank you!

To the April mama who suggested brushing my teeth in the shower: you, ma'am, are a gentlewoman and a scholar. I went from throwing up while brushing my teeth to brushing my toungue without so much as a gag. This first time mama is much, much obliged.
Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013

Re: Thank you!

• Wow, that really works? I have been having the exact same problem with tooth brushing. I will try this solution too. Thanks!
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • I tried a slightly less water-intensive version of this strategy last night and today, and I am glad to say it works: while I hold the toothbrush in my right hand and brush, I keep my left hand palm up under the running tap and move it around so the water keeps hitting it in changing ways. I think the sensory input to your palm (which has a lot of nerve endings) distracts your brain from thinking about what's going on in your mouth, so you can brush with less "excitement." I never would have thought of this on my own, so I'm glad the OP posted her thank-you note!
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"