Working Moms

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    imagewychets:
    imageEstwd2:

Where was she and who was she talking to that you overheard? IMO, it is highly unprofessional to have this kind of conversation where parents can hear. If it seems like they're that much at odds with each other, you could mention something to the director. Those conversations should just not happen when parents or children are around.

In regards to the learning thing, I see no problem with asking the lead teacher what educational concepts they've been focusing on lately and what you could work on at home. If it's an end of summer transition period for them and they're about to pick up a faster-paced curriculum in the fall, I personally wouldn't freak out or anything. Even if they're not focusing on letters and numbers at the moment, kids are always learning something at preschool, even if it's just social skills.

And I know you weren't specifically asking about this, but the support teacher's complaint about how the lead teacher talks to them like babies seems like nit-picking to me. Every preschool teacher has their own teaching style and their own way of talking to kids. I never really spoke to my toddler class with a baby voice or used made-up cutesy words, but my support teacher did. I did not try and force her to change that because that was her style. It's not necessarily wrong; just a different style. Although admittedly I can't gauge tone from this written post, so maybe she means the teacher talks to them with a highly exaggerated cutesy voice, which is probably a bigger deal than simply using the word "poopy" instead of "bathroom" or something similar.

Well said!

I agree!  And, although it is not the point of the post, I was also taught in Child Development courses to use proper english with children and not use made up words.

And yes, we all have co-workers we don't love and may even vent about them but it would be inappropriate for any one to vent in front of clients, especially children that absorb everything.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"