April 2013 Moms

39 and pregnant with my second child

I am nervous about being an older mother.  My son is 6 years old.  I am 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my second child.  Is there anyone else that is my age having a baby?  What are your thoughts?  I'm also nervous about the possible dangers of having a downs child etc. 

Re: 39 and pregnant with my second child

• I am 41 and pregnant with my second I had my first at 40 almost 8months ago...of course the risk is higher at this age and my numbers came back very high risk last year but the risk is worth it for me 
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • I am 37 and having my first.  I would like to think I am well prepared at this stage in my life for anything that may come but I am scared to death that I waited to long. But whatever God throws at us we will take it.  God does not give us things we cannot handle.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 31 but my cousin had her baby when she was 42, He is 1 now and as healthy and handsome as can be. My MIL had my husband later on in life ( it was a whoopsie, hes her 4th boy) and she said it was great and kept her young longer=) Congrats, I hope everything goes perfect for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker fallfun
  • I'm 39 and this is my first. :) So, I can totally relate to your anxiety. Just had my 9 week ultrasound and everything checked out great! My thought about Down Syndrome- it can happen to anyone anytime.
  • 37, this is our 6th child.
    Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you so much for your reply.  I started crying when you said you just had your nine week ultrasound and everything checked out great. (Hormones!! Crying )  My next ultrasound is at 7 weeks.  I think they will do a test for Down's at week 12.  Then another at week 16.  I am hopeing for the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"