October 2012 Moms
Options

Random weird symptom?- Do you smell different?

I've been noticing this for a while now, and it's weird. I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed it:

I feel like my personal 'smell' has changed. Like, my B.O.- I used to smell like a 16 year old boy and have to put on loads of deoderant every day. I've just always been like that and have been wearing deoderant since I was pretty young. But since I've been pregnant, I feel like I smell different, it's almost a sweeter type smell. It's weird.

Just wondering if I'm crazy or if anyone else's 'scent' changed while pregnant? I know this is kinda silly and pointless, Im just bored at work.. I need something to kill some time! haha

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot

Re: Random weird symptom?- Do you smell different?

• Options
    I wish, if anything I smell way worse!  My doctor told me it's normal with all the hormonal stuff going on, even with the smells "down there".  He specifically said not to be concerned unless it smells fishy, which could be a sign of bacteria.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A few days ago my DH said "you smell pregnant."  I gave him a weird look and he said, that with DS and this pregnancy I have this different smell to me, not bad, just kind of a warm sweet smell (??), he said it was hard to describe, but not a bad smell.  I guess I don't smell it because, well, it's my own body.  I don't know why he never mentioned it to me before.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, I totally smell different. Not worse, not necessarily better. Just different. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

imageCooper81:
    A few days ago my DH said "you smell pregnant."  I gave him a weird look and he said, that with DS and this pregnancy I have this different smell to me, not bad, just kind of a warm sweet smell (??), he said it was hard to describe, but not a bad smell.  I guess I don't smell it because, well, it's my own body.  I don't know why he never mentioned it to me before.

I should ask DH and see if he has noticed it as much as I have! haha. See, maybe I'm not crazy?!?!

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • Options
    I don't know if my body smells any different I would have to ask DH. However(TMI coming right up), when I go #2 it smells funny. Before being pregnant there was never really an odor to it unless I was sick. Now it smells like pennies all the time. Ya you read right, pennies!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've gotten a few compliments that I smell really good and I always just brushed it off. I wonder if people are on to something, though? 

imageamb5353:
    I don't know if my body smells any different I would have to ask DH. However(TMI coming right up), when I go #2 it smells funny. Before being pregnant there was never really an odor to it unless I was sick. Now it smells like pennies all the time. Ya you read right, pennies!!

My #2 gets that coppery smell, too. I don't know what causes it.

• Options
    I smell saltier because I feel like I sweat all the time. Even when no one else is hot, I am sweltering. I feel like putting on my perfume is a waste because the good smell doesn't seem to last as long. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"