April 2012 Moms
Options

How do you count months?

For example, when someone asks how old ds is I would say that he will be 5 months in a week or just say 5 months. Once he hits 5 months, I still say that he is 5 months not 6 months. Same thing with being pregnant. When I had a month left till my due date I was 8 months pregnant. I didn't consider myself 9 months pregnant until I hit my due date. My SIL is due a little over a month yet she says she is 9 months pregnant now. How did/do you say it? I wonder if I just look at it differently than others.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How do you count months?

• Options
    What? How old do you say you are? This isn't rocket science!
  • Options

I go by the date. So, LO was born on 4/11, so on 9/11 she'll be 5 months. Until then I've been telling people she's 4 1/2 months old.

As for pregnancy, I always found that confusing. Plus, the whole you get 2 weeks free on the front end part is strange. I think I considered myself 9 months pregnant at 36 weeks, but I didn't go much past that. I delivered in my 37th week.

Also, for babies, I find it strange when people say their baby's age in weeks past 3 months or so. I don't need to know that your baby is 19 or 26 weeks or whatever! Just round it out and give me the month!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTambcat:
    What? How old do you say you are? This isn't rocket science!
    That is what I explained to my SIL. Example, I say I'm 27, not 28 until my bday even though I'm living in my 28th year. Then she stop responding to me so I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lol nm, that's what I do too.
  • Options
    I just go by the date. LO was born 3/23, so on 8/23 he turned 5 months old.
  • Options
    Right now I tell people she is 5 1/2 months old. A week ago I told people she was "a little over 5 months". In a few more days I will start answering people with "she will be 6 months on the 14th".

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagelauranicole91:
    Right now I tell people she is 5 1/2 months old. A week ago I told people she was "a little over 5 months". In a few more days I will start answering people with "she will be 6 months on the 14th".

This is pretty much what we do. A week ago I was telling people, "she's almost 5 months". 

-------------------------------------
  • Options
    I understand what you are saying. I say she's 5 months, but in the What to Expect for the first year book, I read the part about the sixth month. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemetucker:
    I understand what you are saying. I say she's 5 months, but in the What to Expect for the first year book, I read the part about the sixth month. 
    That is why I think it is so confusing. It shouldn't be though.
  • Options

that what to expect book confuses me!

After 3 months I stopped using weeks and just go by the month. On the date (17th) he is the next month, about 2 weeks later he is 4 1/2 months, 1 week before it's the "will be 5 months next week"

Pregnancy I stuck to weeks because that drove me crazy. Going to 41 weeks + 3 days didn't help either...

• Options

DS was born April 30, so on the 30th of every month, he is one month older.  On August 30, he was 4 months.  On the 15th of every month, I say he is a half month.  On September 15, he will be 4 1/2 months.

Side question:  What would you do in February?  Should I take his monthly pic on Feb 28, March 1, or March 2?  I know it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, but I still wonder what I am going to do. 

imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagefoozzle:

DS was born April 30, so on the 30th of every month, he is one month older.  On August 30, he was 4 months.  On the 15th of every month, I say he is a half month.  On September 15, he will be 4 1/2 months.

Side question:  What would you do in February?  Should I take his monthly pic on Feb 28, March 1, or March 2?  I know it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, but I still wonder what I am going to do. 

I haven't thought of that! I would say just sometime around the first of march then. I am sometimes late a few days with his monthly pics.
  • Options
    I'm always confused by that but when I was pregnant at 36 weeks I considered myself 9 months pregnant. DS was born on 4/20 so now I just say hes 4 months old. on the 20th I'll say 5 months.
    BabyName Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"